SCUBABOARD I need HELP real BAD!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband:
And just what agency taught you to use a stage? Those things are precisely 67.223 times more dangerous than a long hose. How dare you go against what you were taught in your basic OW class. If they are so wonderful why don't more agencies teach them? huh? huh? huh?
:D
Joe

Oh it gets worse, I'm going to be carrying a stage and I'm using a long hose!! And the 40 is just for emergencies, I'm not breathing it first...

Does this mean I'll offend PADI _and_ GUE folks all at once?

:mooner:

From now on I will carry an assortment of hoses and offer a selection in an OOA situation. I will also offer to buddy breathe with any baby boomer buddy who learned 'back in the day'. Of course, streamlining the mess will be a challenge.

On an interesting note, during my rescue diver class, after taking a good deal of tech training, I came close to offering my rescue victim the regulator in my mouth in the 'I cut my leg and just went out of air' scenario. I stopped myself, and realized later I was going to have to be very concious of that response depending on what I was wearing.

rookers:
From now on I will carry an assortment of hoses and offer a selection in an OOA situation.... Of course, streamlining the mess will be a challenge.

Attach 7', 5' and 40" LP hoses to you first stage and put quick disconnects on the end of each one. Then store the second stage, also equipped with a quick disconnect, in your pocket for the duration of the dive. If an OOA happens, assess the situation, select the appropriate hose, then fish the second stage out of your pocket and attach it. After that, if your buddy is still alive, you'll both be safe with the knowledge you're using the best length hose for the situation. Now THAT is what I would call an octopus*.

*AKA Charlie Foxtrot in situ.

Disclaimer: I am being sarcastic. Do not attempt sarcasm or the above described gear configuration unless properly trained.

jeckyll:
Personally, I left work, went to the dive shop, hooked up with a buddy and organized a couple of dives for sunday and managed to borrow a stage (first time).

Pretty productive late friday afternoon :wink:
I left work, got into my gear, wrapped my 7-foot hose around my neck a few times and went diving ... 77 minutes, max depth 86 fsw, average depth 54 fsw.

Saw 11 wolf eels, 3 octopus, and 3 dogfish (little sharks) ... as well as all the other usual suspects ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob: You suck.

I've only seen one dogfish ever (this week on tuesdays dive) and have never seen a wolf eel ....:mooner:

TheRedHead:
Is that a guage cage in that photo?

I like how the valve knob on the pony bottle is pointing inwards. If you forget to turn it on before the dive you're SOL.

SeanQ:
That depends...

If it looks like this, he'll be fine.

stagekit_mounted_large.jpg

If it looks like this, say goodnight. :D

Pony_attached.jpg

Why do people feel the need to install a roll cage on their SPG? Do they plan to demolish the reef like a wrecking ball?

jeckyll:
Oh it gets worse, I'm going to be carrying a stage and I'm using a long hose!! And the 40 is just for emergencies, I'm not breathing it first...

Does this mean I'll offend PADI _and_ GUE folks all at once?

You won't offend the GUE people, but call it what it is, a pony bottle. A stage implies it is breathed first. :)

BabyDuck:
hee hee! i'd like to see someone try to grip the right side of my harness. it's pretty snug & i think i'd be able to sue for harassment.

Harassment???????:no :no

Some divers (and other "people") like it that way:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom