SCUBABOARD I need HELP real BAD!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
Attach 7', 5' and 40" LP hoses to you first stage and put quick disconnects on the end of each one. Then store the second stage, also equipped with a quick disconnect, in your pocket for the duration of the dive. If an OOA happens, assess the situation, select the appropriate hose, then fish the second stage out of your pocket and attach it. After that, if your buddy is still alive, you'll both be safe with the knowledge you're using the best length hose for the situation. Now THAT is what I would call an octopus*.

Disclaimer: I am being sarcastic. Do not attempt sarcasm or the above described gear configuration unless properly trained.

LOVE:lol: :lol: the sarcasm...and the disclaimer. Really?? Don't try this??

Soggy:
You won't offend the GUE people, but call it what it is, a pony bottle. A stage implies it is breathed first. :)

Soggy: I'm trying to be sneaky :wink: I guess if I wanted to be accurate I should really call it a slung pony.

:D

wedivebc:

Yeah, George certainly isn't immune to that syndrome, either. If you filter through the BS in that article, you'll still come to one truth: 80/20 is used "like" 100% and has one big disadvantage: it has N2 in it, which is the very gas you are trying to get rid of, especially in the shallow stops.

k4man:
Harassment???????:no :no

Some divers (and other "people") like it that way:D
i didn't say i wouldn't like it. i just need the jack.:14:

Hi every one.... I just wanted to say "THANKS" to the knowledgeable divers who -jumped ship-( temporally) ScubaMoose really is a likable guy, and I hope learned somthing as well. No reason for anyone to be mean or nasty. Best case: alot of misconceptions were laid to rest (I hope). At worst, alot of divers have had their closed minds opened, even just a crack. They can now leave the REGIMENT! And by the way folks What is a TROLL? (not the bridge kind). I never wanted to start a fight......just a post is all.

timegan, trolling is like fishing, you use a bright shiny thing with a hook on it to catch a fish. On forums, it is saying something inflamatory or controversial in order to wind someone up, piss them off and to start an argument. It is basically "fighting talk" and is frowned upon at best and against the TOS (rules) on most popular forums.

I have just recieved a PM from ScubaMoose and he is offering the olive branch all round.

I suggest we start over and have a civilized conversation about this, and maybe even a spot of tea and lamingtons.

here are two threads on the topic:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=88520
and
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=113834

I am truly sorry if that is what I did. I did not know about Trolls, although DO know all about fishing (the real kind). My only reason was to see if anyone has even seen or heard of the long hose method. If not, I was just hoping they would be curious thats all. and we could all have a nice discussion. I did not even come close to anticipating what I recieved instead. Yes Scuba Moose has extended the same branch to me as well. Hey I love olives. :coffee:

Just to let you guys know how I feel on this situation. I go by Ontario Diver here and I go by Scuba Brian on the red devil forum. I started the forum so that I could give us, the newly certified scuba divers, a local place to talk and learn. I have been a member here for about a year and have learned alot from this site, which is why I started my own site. I let the hostile threads go for a while, I don't mind the debates or a few points being made, but I had to go in and edit some harsh words and foul language. I respect all you guys here and and would never bash your forum because of an argument that a couple of members got into online. We do have some younger divers that check out the forum. Lots of people here respect what you guys have to say and now all your members think that our forum is trash because of a couple of threads. I love it here and I invite all of you to come over once in a while and answer some of the newbies questions, but please don't condem the forum because of a couple of posts.
Thanks
Brian

Back
Top Bottom