ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Posting this on behalf of Jessica Bird. When getting back on the dive boat after the second dive today (Monday 6/20) Jessica dropped her dive camera rig (Insta360 one x2 with a selfie stick) near Villa Tikal at GPS coordinates: 20.424748, -87.017541 photo of the location below.
That makes my lost sunglasses seem pretty trivial - I hope someone finds the camera rig! But, if anyone finds my sunglasses, I’m offering $50 reward. I dropped them getting on the boat yesterday on the north side of the pier - they went under the pier and then I’m not sure if they sunk or kept floating for a bit. They are Native brand, brown frame and brown lenses - here’s a pic…
4948E9CA-1F63-4E7B-8455-227229074A1D.jpeg

On Sunday afternoon there were 5 of those little buggers behind building 2.
Much faster moving than our trash pandas back home.
I got a good picture at the pool today. He tipped over a garbage can and got a big piece of pizza!!

Attachments

• D341BF90-1330-4350-9342-D6852099E7CD.jpeg
    D341BF90-1330-4350-9342-D6852099E7CD.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 67
Need everyone including Jan's group to message me for tomorrow's blackwater dive. Need a name list and air or nitrox to reserve

The welcome party is Saturday at 7:15 in the convention center at the resort. You do not want to miss it!!

Please remember to BRING YOUR COMPLETED ScubaBoard wavier with you to the party. This helps us to get everyone checked in quicker.

See Everyone Soon
Travel Safe

Having hella trouble remembering, may be the booze, but when is the farewell party/group picture? Thursday? Friday? What time? Thanks

Muchos cervesa, fiesta, no se ¿Que dia? ¿Que hora? Gracias

Here's a moonie picture I wasn't allowed to submit for the contest .

Attachments

• 20220623_181811.jpg
    20220623_181811.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 66
Having hella trouble remembering, may be the booze, but when is the farewell party/group picture? Thursday? Friday? What time? Thanks

Muchos cervesa, fiesta, no se ¿Que dia? ¿Que hora? Gracias
Here you are! This is from the first night party. It says picture at 6:00 and party at 8:00.

Attachments

• 20220618_210406.jpg
    20220618_210406.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 43
I saw 11 smiling divers returning from the cenote trip get out of the van everyone is making their way back to coz now. Thanks for the trip.

Today highlight!

A big thank you to one of our wonderful Invasion Sponsors!
A huge shout-out to

Stream2sea
4 Crew members will win a $25.00 Gift Certificate
to use on their website.

They have always been generous to the Invasion Crews over the years!
Thank you, Streamn2sea!
:clapping::clapping::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::clapping::clapping:

I've added our Welcome and Farwell Party Times to the resort post in the
Packing, Travel, Resort Info, and Diving Tips
That's when you can win some of these fabulous prizes,
so you don't miss either one!
Please make sure you let the non-divers know as well.
🎈🎈🎉🎉:bday::hb2::smalllogo:🎉🎉🎈🎈

🌞 😎 :cool: 🌞
I also want to remind everyone again of
the importance of being Hydrated before traveling
and staying Hydrated during the Invasion.
(beer and cocktails don't count)

It will be very hot and humid down in Cozumel, especially for the northern folks.
Group Eight has fans of the Stream2Sea Leave-in conditioner, enough that another bottle was purchased on island and shared before dives! I was shocked to be able to run my fingers through my hair after a dive.

To those that thought the picture of #9 is a PhotoShop, I just want to post the actual video (below) of the diving. It is definitely NOT a PhotoShop. It’s the real deal. What we saw when diving in San Clemente was a Southern Stingray searching for food, raising up lots of sands, attracting its entourage of other fishes swimming along with it. What a sight & a treat that were.

Enjoy!

You can see the other diving videos from this trip, here:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom