ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2018 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delta. Direct flight from ATL to BON. Air travel convenience is the only good thing about living in Atlanta, IMO.

GOOD thing about living in Atlanta? The ATL-BON flight is $850. Delta pretty much extorts airfares for flights originating at their main hub. It's why I have often driven 2 hrs to Birmingham, AL and taken Delta from there to Atlanta where I could board the same ATL-BON flight for a lot less money. Do you know something I don't?

Is Bonaire worth the premium over a place like Roatan?

The diving is twice as much as the Roatan deal. Airfare is more expensive too

bucket list thing for me but can't really answer that until it's a done deal. I'll do Roatan again (am in June) and would do Cozumel in a heartbeat though where we stayed didn't care too much for the lockers or the food. Both were adequate and for me the diving more than made up for it. Phillipines was the ultimate in every aspect and I'm sure it ruined me. Still have Belize and Turks & Caicos and possibly a few other spots - little Cayman maybe and would love to see GBR before it is totally ruined.

That's the one I took last year.

If you don't live in Atlanta, Delta gives you a reasonable airfare deal. For those of us in Atlanta, Delta jacks up the fare.

GOOD thing about living in Atlanta? The ATL-BON flight is $850. Delta pretty much extorts airfares for flights originating at their main hub. It's why I have often driven 2 hrs to Birmingham, AL and taken Delta from there to Atlanta where I could board the same ATL-BON flight for a lot less money. Do you know something I don't?
Probably not. But I've done the B'ham trick before and decided my time was more valuable than the few dollars I saved in airfare.

Probably not. But I've done the B'ham trick before and decided my time was more valuable than the few dollars I saved in airfare.

I get it, but between my wife's and my airfares, those "few dollars" saved paid for a week of diving for one of us. If we were talking a hundred or even two, I could agree.

If you don't live in Atlanta, Delta gives you a reasonable airfare deal. For those of us in Atlanta, Delta jacks up the fare.

Unless it's cvg, which used to be a delta hub. That flight is over $1000 starting here.

The same thing happens with American on flights to Cozumel. If you fly from HOU, you transfer at DFW and can pay hundreds less than flying from DFW directly .

Back
Top Bottom