ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2024 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The flights look brutal from the east coast! What did you all do last time to get there? Nonstop? Overnight somewhere? Suck it up? This is a huge factor for me deciding or not to try for a spot.
Here from Florida, we are going to use the Orlando > LA > Manila. so 1 stop for us,

You may want to try LA or San Fran both have non stops to Manila. Not sure what you need to get there.
You may want to try a search alternate routes both those seem the easiest.

Try searching The Matrix it has lots of different combinations

I see 1319 from Newark thru Singapore --- 1 Stop

Hope you make it Bethie

WHEN LOOKING FOR FLIGHTS
EVERYONE REMEMBER Manila is
12 HRS AHEAD OF THE EAST COAST
15 HRS AHEAD OF THE WEST COAST

I suggest you look for a flight leaving the US on the 11TH arriving in Manila on the 12TH.
Then over night at the Belmont Hotel. Then we begin the Adventure from there on the 13th.

Please do not book a flight until you secure a spot

Suck it up?
There was a ton of suck in regards to getting there and coming home. Fortunately, the resorts more than made up for it. What an awesome trip. I thought it was once in a lifetime, but I'm lucking out in being able to do it twice!!!

Does anybody know if the gear available for rent is good equipment? With the weight restrictions being what they are it would be nice to rent a decent BC there.

Does anybody know if the gear available for rent is good equipment? With the weight restrictions being what they are it would be nice to rent a decent BC there.
They have very good gear to rent if you would like to. So no worries.

DIVE EQUIPMENT RENTAL RATES
ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WILL BE CHARGED AT RETAIL RATE
PER DIVEPER DAY
MASK & SNORKEL₱100₱300
BCD₱200₱600
REGULATOR₱200₱600
WETSUIT₱100₱300
FINS₱100₱300
BOOTIES₱100₱300
FLASHLIGHT EXCL. BATTERIES₱150₱450
COMPUTER-₱750
COMPASS₱100₱300
FULL SET **₱600₱1,800
* Valid for use until changes are made
** Excludes Computer & Flashlight

And here's the exchange rate at the present. Currency converter

1.00 US Dollar =

55.155626 Philippine Pesos

1 PHP = 0.0181305 USD

A full set would be
1,800.00 Philippine Pesos =

32.635306 US Dollars

1 PHP = 0.0181307 USD
1 USD = 55.1550 PHP

I'm thinking about this trip, and thinking about adding on a week or so, either before or after it. Not to dive, just to kinda check out the Philippines in general. Any advice on what to do, or what or see? And, it would be kind of nice to downsize my luggage to just a backpack with essentials. Any advice for how to not have to lug around my dive gear while I'm doing this?

I'm thinking about this trip, and thinking about adding on a week or so, either before or after it. Not to dive, just to kinda check out the Philippines in general. Any advice on what to do, or what or see? And, it would be kind of nice to downsize my luggage to just a backpack with essentials. Any advice for how to not have to lug around my dive gear while I'm doing this?
Not sure how to downsize or what else to see but this site claims to be the ULTIMATE.

Maybe they have what you are looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom