ScubaBoarders on Cozumel in MAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for not updating from the island more often, having too much fun. I'll bring you up to speed:
Monday: We made it out to Maracaibo for the first dive. Current wasn't too strong. Went to 140'. Second dive was Paso del Cedral.
Tueseday: First dive was Palancar Bricks with clowe (Chris Lowe and his wife Mindy). Fairly strong current for part of the dive and slow for the other. Saw several underwater "sand tornadoes". Second dive was Punta Tunich. Current was running from North to South.
Today: First dive was Barracuda. Fast current. Spotted Eagle Ray sighting. Second dive was San Juan. Current fairly strong at start of dive, a little less as the dive went on. Nurse Shark tail seen as it was laying partly in an overhang. Water temp. has been steady at 81 on my computer.
hammersb was on the boat but I just realized it was a ScubaBoard member sighting. :11:
I am using my buddy's laptop so I have not downloaded any of my pictures from my camera yet. Maybe tomorrow night I can show you some of his pictures.
Went with Deep Blue yesterday to Punta Sur and San Francisco. Nice dive with two German instructors from Bonaire on a busmans holiday. Their first time in Cozumel and they loved it. Off to Barracuda today if the wind permits.

Weather is great and the fish tastes as good as they look underwater!!

Here are a few images from this week while diving with Scott Riemer.

Current is rippin' this week. Crazy stuff like we've never seen before. Currents changing directions in the middle of a dive. Wow.

Hard to get any pictures worth sending due to currents. Also, huge learning curve with this new camera.

Some more images from yesterday and today:

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0604_1.jpg

IMG_0631_1.jpg

IMG_0662_1.jpg

IMG_0675_1.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

I am using my buddy's laptop so I have not downloaded any of my pictures from my camera yet.

A little off-topic comment: I just got my (company's) Verizon bill for my laptop broadband access. Roaming charges for me while in Mexico..... $565!!!!! :11::11::11::11:

User beware!

Hey Chris! Great photos... what's your setup?

Is it just me or have currents been unpredictable for a while now? I recall my trips last May and in September and the currents being out of whack... Dropping down to do one site (La Francesca) but ending up doing another (Dalila) , going over the same section (Paso del Cedral) twice during one dive, having to swim at sites (Punta Tunich) that tradationally had/have a strong current. Good question for Christi I'm sure. Not that I'm complaining but I kinda of hope things settle down for my trip so that there won't be so much mystery.

H2ODoc:
A little off-topic comment: I just got my (company's) Verizon bill for my laptop broadband access. Roaming charges for me while in Mexico..... $565!!!!!

User beware!

Oomph! Hope you don't have to pay that?!?! I just got our bill for diving on our upcoming trip and it's $550 for 2 for 5 days of 2-tanks. Sorry, just putting it into perspective. :D Not only is a computer/laptop the last thing I want to see while on vacation, but the expense of using one is ridiculous.

Hey Scott,

I´ll look for you today. I think we are going to Columbia Deep. Those pictures really came out nice too.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, this is Chris, Scott's dive buddy. I think I was sitting next to you on the boat. Are you the gent with the camera and HUGE lens?

We cancelled today's diving due to Scott's ear having troubles. We didnt feel comfortable diving today with an ear problem. We are, however, on the books for tomorrow to dive. Our last chance to do so before leaving for home on Saturday.

A little off-topic comment: I just got my (company's) Verizon bill for my laptop broadband access. Roaming charges for me while in Mexico..... $565!!!!! :11::11::11::11:

User beware!
Cozumel Palace has free Wi-Fi. Thanks for the warning though.

Hey Scott,

I´ll look for you today. I think we are going to Columbia Deep. Those pictures really came out nice too.

Bruce
Hey Bruce!

Like Chris said, my ear was jacked up when I woke up today. I started feeling it coming on last night so I was able to start treating it and it seems like I'll be ok to dive tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom