ScubaBoarders on Cozumel in MAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy from Cozumel! The only SBer I've seen so far around Caribe Blu has been Mark (sharky), and that was only for a couple of days. The beer offer still stands and I'm here until Saturday.

The diving is OK, but not quite up to its usual very high standards, IMO. The current is up and the viz is down. But what the hey; it still beats the crap outta working for a living!

Hasta luego!

Hi All! Wish I was still in Coz, but had to come back today:( Rest of the family is staying till Saturday, Ran into a few fellow Scubaboarders(the Gordon tape helped). As Gordon stated, the heavy currents are something I have never encountered in Cozumel. They move you along quite quickly, and not always in the same direction. Was able to dive Santa Rosa, Yucab & Paradise on Sunday....the current wasn't too bad at Santa Rosa, but was very strong on the other two. Monday, dove Palancar Bricks and a combo of Dalila and Fransesco because of the changing current directions....quite a ride!

Talked to Connie earlier this evening and the dove Palancar Horseshoe today & the currents were very light & they had a great dive.

One favor of anyone going to Coconuts after this Sunday.....check to see if they put up our t-shirt....it's a Bloody Mary's from Bora Bora & it should be just above Gordon's Dolphin car t-shirt.

Thanks for everyones input & will write up a review with pics & video when Connie gets back.....I'm going to bed now!

Mike

oh sure, rub it in why don't ya! sigh... stupid flying home on friday! :( :( :(

Chris, it was a pleasure to meet you and Mindi!! Bummer we only had one day diving together, but each day after the diving hanging out at the pool, and everywhere else we saw you two made up for it:wink:

Scott, myself and our better halves really had a great time! Hope to see you guys sometime here in SoCal. Perhaps a get together at some point for dinner or a day at Catalina!!

The diving is OK, but not quite up to its usual very high standards, IMO. The current is up and the viz is down.

A dramatic change for the better today. Palancar Caves and Dalila were absolutely fab. Almost no current at all and great viz. What a diff a day makes!

A dramatic change for the better today. Palancar Caves and Dalila were absolutely fab. Almost no current at all and great viz. What a diff a day makes!

Memo from Aldora called me yesterday stating the same thing--ie att, nothing, current wise, is predictable...He's hoping it straightens out in a week or so.......man I hope he's correct....lol

Thanks for the update Gordon! Good to hear things are getting back to normal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom