ScubaBoard's greatest gift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As many of you have, I've met some really great people because of ScubaBoard, enough that I fear if I start naming them I'll leave out someone.
Through their gracious actions I have been able to go places, dive places, that I would never have been able to on my own .. Thank You !
I also want to thank Pete/The Chairman for standing up for us and giving us a place to just hang out ... It's how I met my Sweetie Kimber/TekDiveGirl :heart:

I have to say that I haven't managed to dive with any SB members but might later in the year if plans with @Searcaigh and his friend come to fruition.

Unfortunately the dive is not going to happen this summer as planned Neil, I am sorry to say that due to ear problems I won't be diving for a couple of months :(

BoP and Fish are great people above and below water too, as is WetPup whom I met in Oz when I was visiting my daughter.

I have met up with some great people like GypsyJim, ScubaSam and ScubaJenny, in fact the latter guide me around BHB and Yellow Brick road last year when I visited Florida for a conference.

Slowly slowly I am meeting more people from SB including a few "locals" like RainPilot

Unfortunately the dive is not going to happen this summer as planned Neil, I am sorry to say that due to ear problems I won't be diving for a couple of months :(

BoP and Fish are great people above and below water too, as is WetPup whom I met in Oz when I was visiting my daughter.

I have met up with some great people like GypsyJim, ScubaSam and ScubaJenny, in fact the latter guide me around BHB and Yellow Brick road last year when I visited Florida for a conference.

Slowly slowly I am meeting more people from SB including a few "locals" like RainPilot
I can understand - I have spent the last month with a heavy cold and have residual ear issues as well. They are clearing slowly though. Let me know when you are healthy and free and we will see what we can get arranged.

@Neilwood as you don't mind cold water diving, come to the Great Lakes and some of us will show you some neat dives!

@Neilwood as you don't mind cold water diving, come to the Great Lakes and some of us will show you some neat dives!

You ask someone who does UK diving in 8C (46f) with a 7mm wetsuit if they do cold water???:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

As my cousin lives just over the border in Canada I might well be making a trip over at some point. I will be making a point of getting some Great Lake diving in (last time I was over I wasn't a diver).

Would be great to meet up and chat in person after all the PM's!

You ask someone who does UK diving in 8C (46f) with a 7mm wetsuit if they do cold water???:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

As my cousin lives just over the border in Canada I might well be making a trip over at some point. I will be making a point of getting some Great Lake diving in (last time I was over I wasn't a diver).

Would be great to meet up and chat in person after all the PM's!

I said "as you don't mind cold water," silly! Of course, I know you do cold water! o_O:p

I said "as you don't mind cold water," silly! Of course, I know you do cold water! o_O:p
I would of course bring the drysuit now as I am a bit older and (very very slightly) more sensible than that.

The list of friends I have made through SB is too extensive to list without leaving someone, many, out.
Thanks to SB I have traveled, trained, and dived with friends that I would have never had the chance to even know, were it not for this board.
This does not even begin to touch on the numbers of friends I have made here on ScubaBoard, who I have yet to meet in person, or to dive with.

The list of friends I have made through SB is too extensive to list without leaving someone, many, out.
Thanks to SB I have traveled, trained, and dived with friends that I would have never had the chance to even know, were it not for this board.
This does not even begin to touch on the numbers of friends I have made here on ScubaBoard, who I have yet to meet in person, or to dive with.
S'trewth Jim. I limited my list to those I have met in person, dived with and either hosted in my home or they hosted me in theirs. I didn't list the ones who aren't active here anymore either. I can't decide if SB makes the world smaller because we aren't limited by distances or bigger because of the number of wonderful people we become friends with :flowers:

I feared that by naming some members that I have met and dived with, I would slight those I didn't list.

I discovered Bonaire diving through friends like Herman and DeputyDan
I did a great deal of practice and fun SI with the DNY crew that include Sam and awesox and so many many more.
We met Cardzard and many others on a small SB Invasion.
Through HH I have made friends and dived with you and fish and Jenny, had the chance to meet searcaigh, mb and others.

I have run out of fingers and toes to count on, but that is just an abridged, short list

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom