"Scubapro Ad 1963"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luis, I remember you talking about the Mk 1 by Scubapro before. It sounds like that is why the showed the Mk 2 as coming before the Mk 1; the original Mk 1 was recalled. The latest catalog for Healthways that i have is 1976. Do you think the ad was referring to the Scubapro Mk 1, as it was originally conceived?

I remember enjoying my Healthways Scuba Star when I was in high school, and then I bought a AMF Voit V-11 Viking 40 regulator. It had much better breathing, and was like the original USD Calypso. I used that regulator until I got into the USAF, when we started using USD Calypso regulators almost exclusively. Later, I dove with some fishery biologists, and one was using a Healthways Scubair which he really liked too.

This is a photo of me with my Healthways Scuba Star regulator in Hood Canal, circa 1963.

Limons Osis prepares to dive, Yaquina Bay, Oregon during sub tidal clam bed survey work in 1975. The round metal ring he holds is what we used to sample the bottom. We put that on the bottom, then dredged a three-foot deep area of the bottom, gathering all the clams present to sort by size and species. We would routinely get a dozen adult gaper clams, and as many as 20-40 smaller ones in the sand.

Limons Osis is surfacing after a survey dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom