Closed Scubapro adjustable k-valve

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay so the first picture obviously shows the top of the valve . Notice the little screw in the center of the cap . The fourth is a better picture of the cam retainer . the fifth and sixth pictures are of the cam itself . The cam slides and turns inside the retainer . The second picture shows the cam in the lower setting and the third shows it in the higher setting . The spring keeps the cam firmly seated against the retainer . When assembled by simply applying downward pressure on that little screw this will enable you to preset pressure . Now as to the question of the hole in the setting and the phrase " Ambient pressure ". It is my opinion that just like a first stage that delivers a constant pressure based on ambient I believe this is how this valve works .
So the range is 350 - 600psi I contend that ,that would be the pressure over ambient .

Make sense ?? I think I got my picture sequence a little screwed up but I think you will get the picture .

Attachments

• IMG_2819.JPG
    IMG_2819.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2817.JPG
    IMG_2817.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2814.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 49
Nice example of a Scubapro adjustable J (not K) DCAR valve. See attachment for diagram.
Also see this thread Vintage or junk? for more information-especially the post by @Luis H

Attachments

• DCARtankvalve_zps2fc6a42d.pdf
    591.5 KB · Views: 106
Nice example of a Scubapro adjustable J (not K) DCAR valve. See attachment for diagram.
Also see this thread Vintage or junk? for more information-especially the post by @Luis H
As far as rebuilding , I am just a laymen and I found them pretty straight forward unless a machined part broke . The only problem I ever encountered was the o-ring on the plunger ( tank pressure indicator ) failing due to the constant pressure variations . Built like a tank during SubSeas Industry's time .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom