ScubaPro Air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a good idea actually. The service guy there's pretty cool, so I'm sure he'd have some advice for me.

OOPS!
Shame on me!
It's Master awap Himself who wrote the piece: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/23105-air-2-diy-service-lessons-learned.html
Sincere apologies!

While I'm here: can I assume you re-use the nyloc that's in the annual kit? I see no good reason to replace it on a regular (+/-10 years) basis. I've got all the bits & pieces except that and the seal that's on the quick-disconnect.

....you had me scratching my head on that one. But I do sometimes run across an old post of mine and think "I don't remember writing that."

I wish I could remember what Emanuel Lasker said about forgetting....:confused:

RE Self locking nuts-I bought a bag of those nyloc nuts at a fastener store, so I do replace them, but I don't really think it is necessary. If it fails the finger test....If you can remove it easily with fingers; you should replace it.

c

RE Self locking nuts-I bought a bag of those nyloc nuts at a fastener store, so I do replace them, but I don't really think it is necessary. If it fails the finger test....If you can remove it easily with fingers; you should replace it.

c

Sorry Zung. Sometime I think I hit the back button rather than the post button and waste one of the few thoughts I have.

For me, in spite of couv having sent me a supply of nyloc nuts, I just inspect and reuse the old ones. If it fails to lock it will loosen and performance will degrade noticeably. Not an unmanageable problem for a DIYer. I have had no problem in over 10 years.

Thanks awap and couv.
Instead of waiting for your words of wisdom, I added a bag of those in the order I placed yesterday. So now I have enough to last me 200 years +/- 100 years! Can't wait to see the last one go out:D.

aquaregia:
Another thing that just crossed my mind: the inflator of the AIR2 is *WAY* better than the average. I did a few dives in Catalina last summer on rental BC's, and I was always wondering if the stock inflators were working at all.
Also, using the shoulder (quick) dump, if you have one, is more efficient than using the inflator; I never use anything else to deflate my BC. Try it out next time you hit the pool; if you like it, maybe you want to keep the AIR2.

Back
Top Bottom