Scubapro Evertek LT w/ Zip Seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toris1968

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good morning from Okinawa, I recently bought a new Scubapro Evertek LT for a great price and was after doing some research I'm curious if I can install something like a DUI Zip Seals system on the suit so that i can quickly change out the seals if needed, anyone have any answers or other suggestions for what to get? Do I need to have the system professionally installed or can it be a DIY project? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I would skip the expensive zip seals and go with something like the Si-Tech ring system that is glued into the suit. This gets you dry glove docking and wrist seal replacement with whatever seals you want to use.

Zip seals replacement seals are ridiculously expensive. SiTech is the way to go. Get the Quick Neck. Silicone seals are very comfortable to me.

Hi Toris1968. This is Kathy Long with DUI - Diving Unlimited. You could retrofit your drysuit with the DUI ZipSeal System. DUI has information up on this page at Drysuit Repair Service . If you have questions about the system or need anything let us know. The DUI Support Team can be easily reached at Support@DUI-Online.com.

Thanks! And have fun with your drysuit.

If you decide to DIY it, SeaSkin has super low prices for buying the bits.

Kubi Dryglove systems - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

SITech Quick Neck System and Silicon Seals - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

I REALLY like my Kubi glove system. I've had it for over year and I've only had a wet hand once - after one of the original rubber gloves finally got a pinhole, just on my most recent dive. Unlike with Zip seals, I had on dry gloves and still had wrist seals, so my wetness stopped with just the one hand.

Also, it is my understanding that using Zip dry gloves means you have to attach the gloves to the suit before you don the suit top. I would hate that. That could be incorrect, though. I have never used Zip seals of any type personally. I really like getting completely suited up and then putting on my dry gloves as one of the very last things I do.

Hi Toris1968. This is Kathy Long with DUI - Diving Unlimited. You could retrofit your drysuit with the DUI ZipSeal System. DUI has information up on this page at Drysuit Repair Service . If you have questions about the system or need anything let us know. The DUI Support Team can be easily reached at Support@DUI-Online.com.

Thanks! And have fun with your drysuit.

Nice to see DUI offering zipseals on other manufacturers suits now. Are the zipseal rings available for purchase/DIY installation?

Nice to see DUI offering zipseals on other manufacturers suits now. Are the zipseal rings available for purchase/DIY installation?
The rings are not for sale as a separate item. I will mention it as an interest item.

Back
Top Bottom