Scubapro/Faber LP 75.8 Chromemoly Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My tester wont give a + without the REE. Most of my cylinders have them, only a couple lp72s and an old faber mp72 don't but I fill myself anyway so I don't care.

Contact Faber/Blue Steel and get the REE. I did that for my four 75.8/76cf that were rated for "Plus" but didn't have the REE. Response is quick.
Bud Allen
bud@bluesteelscuba.com

The steel will take some lead off your belt, if that matters to you. Buoyancy will be different from your regular AL80 tank so be aware of the change.

Contact Faber/Blue Steel and get the REE. I did that for my four 75.8/76cf that were rated for "Plus" but didn't have the REE. Response is quick.
Bud Allen
bud@bluesteelscuba.com

The steel will take some lead off your belt, if that matters to you. Buoyancy will be different from your regular AL80 tank so be aware of the change.

Thanks for the tip with Bud. He responded promptly...but my hydro tester said it's not good enough and is waiting to hear from Faber directly. Anyway, getting a plus rating hydro locally for $18 so I don't mind waiting for Faber.

Sidenote. How long do these valves stay good for? It looked to be in really nice shape, but should I be getting it rebuilt while the tank is being hydro tested?

Back
Top Bottom