Scubapro fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akhlut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After reading the great reviews on this site and being happy owner of a whites catalyst I was thinking of buying a Whites fusion drysuit. However when i went to my lds (uk) the Whites label had been replaced by Scubapro. As i understand it the suits are still manufactured by whites but distributed in uk by scubapro although i've not seen the same style of pockets on any Whites labeled suits. Does anybody know what is the equivalent whites fusion is? I am a little concerned re aftersales service, are the scubapros the same quality (skins, valves etc) as the whites. Will whites still offer its great customer service to scubapro fusion owners?

My understanding is that both share the same drycore and hardware, but the shell differs from what Whites offer. Considering the fact that Whites have been acquired (wrong maybe?) by Aqualung, the relationship between Scubapro and Whites may go "South" IMO, depending on how Aqualung sees the matter. As for the design of the shell, I can only speculate that it was manufactured according to Scubapro's design as an OEM product.

I myself bought a Fusion through an online scuba shop (DRIS), since Whites has very little, if any, presence in Japan. You might like to consider the same route.

Hope this helps
Kaza

Hey akhlut,
Those suits were indeed created just for Scubapro, so any issues regarding servicing would have to go directly through them i'm afraid. As mentioned the drycore is the same, however the skins were created as per Scubapro. if I had to compare the suits with our current line I would have to say they would be closest to our Fusion Tech suit. Sorry for the confusion, if you need further clarifaction please drop me a line anytime.
Thanks Doug,

thanks for the replies, i always try to support my lds as they have always given great service...they have offered me the scubapro fusion at a very reasonable discounted price.

Hey akhlut,
Those suits were indeed created just for Scubapro, so any issues regarding servicing would have to go directly through them i'm afraid. As mentioned the drycore is the same, however the skins were created as per Scubapro. if I had to compare the suits with our current line I would have to say they would be closest to our Fusion Tech suit. Sorry for the confusion, if you need further clarifaction please drop me a line anytime.
Thanks Doug,

Doug,

I know I may need to ask scubapro, but may I know if the drycore is the same, can I use some whites shell (bullet, sports, tech shell) on this ScubaPro Drycore?

thanks a lot.

Cheers.

Hey Carry, you can indeed swap out the Scubapro skin, and replace it with your choice of any other skin in the line.
Cheers Doug.

Hi Doug,

Thanks a lot for your advice. Hv a nice day! Cheers!

Hey Carry
if you indeed swap out the Scubapro skin, and replace it with your choise of any other whites skin in the line and you are interesting to shell scubapro fusion skin at a very reasonable discounted price please drop me a line

I would like to write 'sell ' instead of shell

Hi Kendo, I am actually in Asia, Hong Kong. If I want to get rid of the shell / skin of scuba pro, I will let you know.

Cheers,
Caron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom