Scubapro jet fins vs. ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer the Deep 6 fins to my old Slipstreams too.

I'm currently looking at replacing some Mares Avanti Quattro fins. I used those fins for all open water dives and was very happy with them. I'm going to be getting into some cavern diving and possibly cave diving down the line. So right no I'm looking at the Deep 6 Eddys and the Scubapro Seawing Novas. Unless someone recommends spending over double on the Seawings, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the Eddys as I've heard great things about them. My question is, I know these types of fins are excellent for cavern/cave environments but should I also get a second pair along the lines of the Mares Avantis for open water/drift diving?

The Deep 6 fins will be just fine for your open water dives, and you'll be able to do some things that other divers with their floppy fins won't be able to.

I'm currently looking at replacing some Mares Avanti Quattro fins. I used those fins for all open water dives and was very happy with them. I'm going to be getting into some cavern diving and possibly cave diving down the line. So right no I'm looking at the Deep 6 Eddys and the Scubapro Seawing Novas. Unless someone recommends spending over double on the Seawings, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the Eddys as I've heard great things about them. My question is, I know these types of fins are excellent for cavern/cave environments but should I also get a second pair along the lines of the Mares Avantis for open water/drift diving?

I'm not a cave diver so take this for what it's worth but I would not use Seawing Novas in a cave, they are a line trap. I got tangled in line at my local site. I sold them after that. As an aside, the Novas I found akin to wet spaghetti, the Gorillas I much preferred. Longer fins do better in currents assuming appropriate stiffness. I love the DR XTs and now use them exclusively for all my diving save DS where additional weight down low is helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom