Scubapro MK 7 Rebuild Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, you need a bullet to install the piston. That protects the piston shaft o-ring. You probably already knew that, but just in case. Scubatools has the bullet and it's not expensive.

One other thing, I ordered two of Herman's excellent MK5 installation tools with the intent of giving one to a friend. Turns out one of our other friends had already sent him one. Know anything about that, Couv? :D So I have one for sale or trade.

Thanks everyone. I have ordered the recommended tools. I already have the o-rings, HP seat and filter. I hope to be diving the Mk7 in a couple of weeks.

The cork and dowel work well, but for the price of a cheap bottle of wine you can get one of Herman's purpose built tools and eliminate the possibility of cork particles fouling the moving parts. See my review here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do...tools-mk-5-mk-10-piston-stem-o-ring-tool.html and purchase one here: Shop Online

Now I just need to talk Herman into making an o-ring removal tool for that bastard o-ring.[/QUOTE]

We can discuss it over a beer next week. :)
By the way, I hear you are 3 of 9 now...welcome to the club.

We can discuss it over a beer next week. :) By the way, I hear you are 3 of 9 now...welcome to the club.

3 of 9? Sounds like it will take a few beers.

Ah, yes....but we could have had a beer whilst you explained that. I guess the secret of the "Plank Owner" will have to suffice.

There were 9 Pegasus's made, I understand you now have #3.

So..... Is mine #4 or 5?

BTW, interested in heading back to Bonaire in July? Wife and I are making the trek...

Greg

Hummmm, planning on May with Luis but that is interesting.. and yea, you are Rob are 4 & 5, not sure who has which one.

Back
Top Bottom