Scubapro MK17 G250V BRAND NEW with parts cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a brand new MK17 G250V set up never dived, with parts cards, shop # and receipt of payment, for warranty and parts for life. I will match Leisure Pro's price of $450 (you don't get a warranty with online dealers). This is my backup reg setup that I bought a month ago at my local dive shop. I just need the money now more than the reg. I will cover basic shipping to US

tags still attached!

Attachments

• P1080797.jpg
    P1080797.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 260
(you don't get a warranty with online dealers)

Incorrect. We offer a warranty on virtually everything we sell. Some items may not carry the manufacturers warranty, but we offer our own to keep our customers covered.

Ok, sorry. MANUFACTURER'S warranty with FREE parts for life covered by any dive shop with a certified Scubapro technician. FREE parts for yearly maintenance is the kicker here. Does Leisurepro do that? PRICE DROP $425.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude at all, I just want the person buying equipment to know what they're getting. I used to work in an LDS, so I'm fairly familiar with manufacturer warranties as well. According to SCUBAPro's web site, lifetime warranties only cover the original owner:

Lifetime warranty - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

Since my LDS started carrying SCUBAPro after I moved, perhaps you could help me to understand better how their warranties work?

YES. You are being rude. Unless you are interested in buying this setup, please stop posting on this thread. For People interested, this is how it works. I bought my Scubapro MK17 G250V from my authorized LDS and I received parts cards which have serial numbers that you input on Scubapro's website. Once this is entered your LDS or any Scubapro authorized retailer (not LeisurePro) can look it up on Scubapro's website and see that the reg is covered for parts + warranty. Ask any Diveshop that carries Scubapro and they will tell you the same.

Sorry Magrone, he is not being rude. You appear to be defensive because you made a misstatment about LP's warranty, and the transferability of the Scrubapro's warranty. Get over it. I know you are just trying to sell stuff, but please give accurate information. His response was appropriate for that reason.

Magrone,
He is not being rude, he's being truthful. I instruct for a SP dealer, and the MFG warranty is for the original owner only. Also, the selling dealer MUST input your information in the SP database, you don't just walk in and present the card.

Sorry if this burst your bubble but that's the way it is.

Now, this is a great reg, I dive with it, and the MK25/A700. Personally, if I was out there looking for a great breathing reg and a great deal, your's is as good as it gets, even without the warranty.

So good luck, someone who knows how great this reg is will jump on it soon !

Regards !

"Also, the selling dealer MUST input your information in the SP database, you don't just walk in and present the card."

It appears people with more experience dealing with Scubapro know more about this than I do. If so, my apologies. However, my LDS told me to input the info myself. This worked fine for the first reg (MK25/s600) I bought from them and I am now covered for parts. I know it works because I have already had it serviced and have received free replacement parts.

The same should apply for this reg. the only difference is that I have not registered it yet on SP's website. The new owner can register it and it would be the same as if they bought it from my LDS. In that way, they are the original owner. THis is my understanding of how it works. If this is incorrect I would not have advertised it as such. If this is wrong please help me out here. I'm not trying to dupe anyone.

Last edited:
Sorry Magrone, he is not being rude. You appear to be defensive because you made a misstatment about LP's warranty, and the transferability of the Scrubapro's warranty. Get over it. I know you are just trying to sell stuff, but please give accurate information. His response was appropriate for that reason.

No, I'm defensive because the Leisure Pro rep has Leisure Pro's reputation at interest and is interupting my posting. Why is he even posting here? he has no interest in buying this. Notice how he didn't answer my question about what Leisure Pro covers by changing the topic to what Scubapro covers, then saying he is trying look out for the potential buyer. I want the potential buyer to know what they are getting as well, but I don't need help from a Leisure Pro rep.

I simply omitted the fact that Leisure Pro has their own warranty, which is not a Manufacturers warranty for SP products and SP will not cover you for anything if you buy from LeisurePro. I even said I was sorry for this apparently HUGE mistake.

But SO WHAT? This is not an ad about Leisure Pro, it is an ad to sell a brand new reg. My real mistake was spelling out "Leisure Pro" so their web surfing goons could do a search and interrupt my posting.

If I am in the wrong here about Scubapro covering for parts, to the potential buyer, I will close this thread and start over.

More info on buying Scubapro from Leisure Pro go here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...sions/218463-leisure-pro-warranty-policy.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom