Scubapro MK25 evo + A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C

Cammy3761

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at buying this for Christmas but I’m worried that it’s a ageing reg as it seems to be first produced a while ago, I don’t want it to be replaced as soon as I buy it. Thanks for any replies

It is a solid reg....Will you be diving cold water the whole time? What about the ApeksXTX200 and add the 5th port? Diaphragm for cold might be a better choice...or the SP Mk19 G260 combo

UK diving and warm water diving, looked at the Apeks, I’ve got a tec instructor friend that said if your going to get a reg get a mk25 evo with an a700, easiest breathing etc. he has about 5 sets of them

It is a solid reg....Will you be diving cold water the whole time? What about the ApeksXTX200 and add the 5th port? Diaphragm for cold might be a better choice...or the SP Mk19 G260 combo
Do you think it would be replaced any time soon the mk25 and a700?

The Mk 25 has been around a long time...I would do Mk25 G260 but thats just me...A700 is on the heavy side to me...I do have Mk25 evo with G260 and not worried about the Mk 25 going anywhere

The Mk 25 has been around a long time...I would do Mk25 G260 but thats just me...A700 is on the heavy side to me...I do have Mk25 evo with G260 and not worried about the Mk 25 going anywhere
Thanks, weight isn’t a issue, I’m assuming the a700 is still in production, so the one I get would be relatively new

SP is good in terms of supporting old regs and providing gradual updates to the regs. Some of us use second stages from 1970 upgraded with the parts from the recent regs.
A700 is a modern reg, I can hardly see anything can be improved there. Mk25evo saw a change in the thermal insulation system of theirs but otherwise its reg similar to MK20 from 20 years ago sans quick ip adjustment.

A700/MK25Evo is a great reg.

Thanks, weight isn’t a issue, I’m assuming the a700 is still in production, so the one I get would be relatively new
By Scubapro practices those. Mark 25 and A700, are still new models. The G250 for example was in production for nearly three decades and the Mark 25 is just a fancy Mark 20. I would go Mark 17 with G260 or maybe the Mark 19. And I put my money where my mouth is and just bought a G260 and Mark 17. I think you can buy with confidence there will be parts support for several decades.

James

mk25 evo with an a700, easiest breathing etc. he has about 5 sets of them
Easiest no as you can fine tune the cranking pressure. Just like G260 or S6x0. I have 260 and 700 as well as 620 and they breath similar well because thats how I tune them.

The Mk25 might be old, but the reason it is still around is because it is a really really solid first stage.
I would not worry about it being "outdated" or anything like that, it's an amazing reg and it will most likely be around for much longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom