SCUBAPRO New parts for life program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akeegan2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear SCUBAPRO,

After the October 1. 2012 change announcement to SCUBAPRO's 12 vs. 24 months mandatory regulator service, I am a little confused. I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

First, is the following statement found on www.scubaboard.com correct?

Beginning October 1, 2012 SCUBAPRO “Warranty” and “Parts for Life” service interval will change from 100 dives or every twelve months to 100 dives or twenty-four months whichever comes first. The “Parts for Life” program will allow customers a period of twenty-four months to bring their equipment to an Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealer and the Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealer will have a one month grace period to have the regulator serviced for a total of twenty-five months or 100 dives, whichever comes first.

Second, the following link from SCUBAPRO's website, SCUBAPRO - Product Support, does not specifically state that SCUBAPRO's regulators are still warranted for life. Are they?

I ask only because I have owned SCUBAPRO since 1982, and want to purchase a new regulator set. I would like to clarify the new terms of SCUBAPRO's warranty.

Regards,
Al Keegan
PADI

My understanding, if you want the PFL, you have to buy a BCD, computer, and regulator. All the items have to show up on the same bill of sales.

My understanding, if you want the PFL, you have to buy a BCD, computer, and regulator. All the items have to show up on the same bill of sales.

I have heard that, too. If so, it does not bode well for SCUBAPO's future with divers. Too many other premium vendors out there.

SCUBAPRO just made an official announcement that it has -- for years -- been making its customers pay to service their regs at least twice as often as they needed to be serviced . . . and you're interested in their warranty terms? Now that's a loyal customer.

Concerning your question about the new FPL program's requirements, see KATESCUBAPRO's post here:

Starting January 1, 2012 one must purchase a new complete set of SCUBAPRO/SUBGEAR equipment: a SCUBAPRO regulator and SUBGEAR or SCUBAPRO BC and Computer from an Authorized Dealer to receive the PFL Program.

Last edited:
SCUBAPRO just made an official announcement that it has -- for years -- been making its customers pay to service their regs at least twice as often as they needed to be serviced . . . and you're interested in their warranty terms? Now that's a loyal customer.

Concerning your question about the new FPL program's requirements, see KATESCUBAPRO's post here:

The KATESCUBAPRO January post is way old news. There have been TWO major warranty changes since this ancient post. Come on, KATESCUBAPRO, it's almost 2013. If you can't post relevant information, don't.

I have tired of SCUBAPRO's recent reticence to serve its customers. I have just returned my new
SCUBAPRO MK25/S600 for a to-be-determined Atomics.

SCUBAPRO since 1982, Atomics since 2012. Let's see what's new in 2042.

Al

It's especially cute how threads like this one keep quietly migrating out of the SCUBAPRO forum and into the Regulators forum.

For what it's worth, I love my Atomic M1s with cave rings, though I would spend the money to buy a pair of stainless steel M1 first stages if Atomic started making them because of how much I liked my old ST1.

it's especially cute how threads like this one keep quietly migrating out of the scubapro forum and into the regulators forum.

For what it's worth, i love my atomic m1s with cave rings, though i would spend the money to buy a pair of stainless steel m1 first stages if atomic started making them because of how much i liked my old st1.

MIGRATING???

This post was just unceremoniously bounced out of SCUBAPRO's forum by the Administrator. I guess SCUBAPRO has their ways of keeping their Forum sanitized and non-critical. And I thought I was being civil.

But no longer.

migrating???

This thread is no longer in the SCUBAPRO subforum, it's been moved to "Forum The Equipment of Scuba Diving
Regulators"

In contrast, I see a number of complaint-type threads here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/atomic-aquatics/ and a representative response to a complaint thread by another company's rep:

This is a consumer-driven website. We are just here to help answer questions and do our part. Feel free to keep this thread open as long as the readers like.

Last edited:
No soup for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom