Question Scubapro R109 and MK5 Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azlaw

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Brand new poster seeking help with parts and/or service for my old Scubapro R109s and Mk5, I understand that Vintage Double Hose is no longer with us, do we have any source for parts kits?

Thanks!

H

I don't know about kits being available. I have a MK 5 kit from VDH (not for sale) it contains a HP seat and a bunch of o rings. Northeast scuba supply sells HP seats individually you could pick up an o ring kit. I also have a 109 kit from VDH (not for sale) it contains the poppet and some o rings. There's a guy on ebay selling NOS poppets. I know the kits are easier but I hope this helps

There are Mk5 Service Kits and 109 Kits ( M5/50/ Polar) available. Just ask your SP Shop. If no luck, you can contact me ( but it's from Europe).

I need a kit for a 109 and 108. If you hear of anyone that has some for sale let me know and I will do the same.

depending on how soon you need it, please contact @buddhasummer, he may be able to help you if he had (or will be doing) an order

I don't think buddhasummer is ordering parts any more. But MK5 kits are readily available from SP or ebay. Trident makes an aftermarket HP seat that works in the MK5, the rest of the kit is o-rings. Any dive shop can get that. Same for the 109/108; SP sells kits, and there are aftermarket alternatives. The only difference there is that you may need a new poppet and some other parts for the 109. There are threads galore on the DIY forum about this; all the info you need to restore these excellent 2nd stages is there. The 108 is so simple all you need is a puck seat and a couple of o-rings.

Having recently looked into this, SP still lists the kits for sale as well as the duro poppet (the spring and spring pad for the adj/G200 is not). Your local SP dealer should be able to get them in for you, PM me if you have difficulty. MKV springs and pistons are no longer avail. I do have some new old stock (never used) original MKV/MKVII, MK10, MK10+ pistons if someone is really, really desperate.

Back
Top Bottom