Scubapro Regulator servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is as integral to a professional regulator service as new spark plugs are to a tune-up or new pads to a brake service. Unfortunately, "professional" servicing in scuba may take a bit of shopping to find. What do you think you are paying for when you get your regs serviced? Do you think it includes the replacement and lubrication of all dynamic o-rings?

...again, it wasn't integral to THIS 'deal'. Did this deal necessarily follow 'best practices' ? No, but both parties to the transaction seem to have understood the SPG was not included in the original servicing bid.

I agree with this. Sometimes it is about CS, though based on my local LDS attitudes its like they are doing us a favor conducting business with the customer. Good CS will get you more business. Go figure.

On a side note, something is going on for a regulator to be that corroded after only 3 years.

this is one reason why I'll only dive piston 1st-stages if they're environmentally sealed, like my Atomics.

...again, it wasn't integral to THIS 'deal'. Did this deal necessarily follow 'best practices' ? No, but both parties to the transaction seem to have understood the SPG was not included in the original servicing bid.

I have not heard from the customer in this deal so I'm not sure how you know what was agreed to. Unfortunately, many divers deliver their regulators to a shop for "service" with nothing specified beyond that, expecting that the "normal service" will be preformed. That normal service includes cleaning of the SPG connection which tends to be a bit of a corrosion problem and replacing and lubricating the spool o-rings. Unfortunately, "service" in some cases may involve nothing more than an inspection and wipe down with ArmorAll. And, there is a pretty good chance that may result in a rig that will carry the diver another year or more.

The fact is normal professional service of a regulator includes servicing the 1st, 2nds, and an SPG. But if you would like to believe otherwise, you are welcome to another misconception. Next thing we know you will be telling folks they can't get EAN36 in Cozumel.

BTW, do you really think your Atomic is immune to corrosion damage just because the ambient chamber is filled with Christolube?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom