scubapro S600 or A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find they, long hoses, route nicer and are more comfortable using a 70 degree adapter. Yes, the CA swivels are noticeably heavier than the fixed 70/90s.

not needed with a 5' hose, but I think 5' hoses are pointless anyway.
They are a bit heavier than a 90, but much better since the regulator can point straight when it is not in use and the fact that 90* isn't the optimal angle anyway. Having the ability to swivel to the exact angle that you need is what makes the ball swivels much better. They are also stiff enough that you have to swivel them manually so they will mostly hold their orientation which allows you to make adjustments to the swivel to get the best angle in your mouth. Really critical with big mouthpieces like Poseidons, and have second stages like the A700/G250

but I think 5' hoses are pointless anyway.

Not for a recreational configuration. When vacation diving, I use a 5' hose all the time. Makes for a more comfortable air sharing scenario, without all the excess of a 7' hose. The 5' wraps around my body perfectly for quick deployment, but short enough I do not have to tuck excess away. It does have its purposes. Like all else, it is a tool.

Last edited:
we'll have to agree to disagree on that. 7' isn't any more bulky if you tuck it into the waist strap, though I much prefer 40" on a swivel, but to each his own.

we'll have to agree to disagree on that. 7' isn't any more bulky if you tuck it into the waist strap, though I much prefer 40" on a swivel, but to each his own.

Why tuck, when you don't have to? 5' wraps nearly identical without tucking (assuming no overhead environment).

. 7' isn't any more bulky if you tuck it into the waist strap,

Yes it is, it's exactly 2 feet bulkier. Tucking it in the waist belt just keeps it in place. I have both a 7' and 5' hose, there is a big difference in how cumbersome they are. For doubles, can light, restrictions, 7ft all the way, but for OW with single tank, 5 ft works great for me.

why compromise? 5' isn't long enough for single file, 40" is plenty for side by side. Just seems to be a strange middle ground. I've never been comfortable with them and prefer to just commit to long or short hose.

I use 9' in sidemount since both my buddy and I are quite tall and 7' is very uncomfortable for air sharing. 7' if in a wreck in backmount, and 40" with elbow everywhere else. I understand people like their 5' hoses, I just don't see why, so we agree to disagree

Buddhasummer. If you decide you don't want to keep the swivels I will be happy to buy them from you for spares.

Buddhasummer. If you decide you don't want to keep the swivels I will be happy to buy them from you for spares.

No, I don't want them, they'll just sit in a box along with all the other gear I've bought but do not use. I'm just out the door, I'll PM you later and see if we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement.

why compromise? 5' isn't long enough for single file, 40" is plenty for side by side. Just seems to be a strange middle ground. I've never been comfortable with them and prefer to just commit to long or short hose.

I use 9' in sidemount since both my buddy and I are quite tall and 7' is very uncomfortable for air sharing. 7' if in a wreck in backmount, and 40" with elbow everywhere else. I understand people like their 5' hoses, I just don't see why, so we agree to disagree

Because of comfort in an non- overhead environment. I use a 36" hose for teaching in, but it sticks way out causing a lot of drag. The 5' hose wraps nicely around my body without any tucking for streamlining. Plus no extra 2' to have to deal with. 7' is adequate for me using either back mount or sidemounted bailouts,... but for recreational (non overhead) it is overkill to have to deal with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom