Scubapro Sport Computer Infrared

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BullDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought a regulator setup that came with a 3-gauge console with a scubapro Sport. Not my ideal computer, but I'm on a budget so it'll have to do for now. I would like to transfer my dives onto my PC but it seems I will need an infrared adapter. Does anyone know if I can use just any infrared adapted? It seems I can find an infrared reader for about $15 on amazon but I'm not sure if this will connect to my scubapro sport. I also have Windows 10 and for some reason this seems to be an issue for scubapro software?

Also, is anyone aware if it is possible to pop the sport out of the console and stick it on a wrist mount? (not a fan of the console, but like I said, I got a good deal and this is now what I have)

I have the computer. Paid $15 for the doggle or whatever it is called. Plug it into my mac. I download the information using ScubaproLogTrak. Works fine.

Some threads here about the problem/solutions not in any order except the search results. From what I understand the problem was not with Scubapro but Microsoft not including the IRDA stack in Win10 initially - which should've been resolved with the first official update.
You should have it if you have Win10 version 1.607 or higher.

Irda. Driver for Windows 10
IRDA for Windows 10
Aladin Sport won't connect to pc
Debugging infrared connection to an Uwatec Aladin Tec?
Scuba Pro (UWATEC) IR Download Conversion
How I Got My Windows 10 Computer to Talk to Galileo Luna via Infrared (An Epic Tale)

typically they're just held in by friction so a little hot water application and you should be able to pop it out. If it's a standard 1.75" diameter puck - this might work: Wrist Mount Boot Style Or possibly one of these with a little modification - I just don't know. Bungee Mounts

Last edited:
I recently bought a regulator setup that came with a 3-gauge console with a scubapro Sport. Not my ideal computer, but I'm on a budget so it'll have to do for now. I would like to transfer my dives onto my PC but it seems I will need an infrared adapter. Does anyone know if I can use just any infrared adapted? It seems I can find an infrared reader for about $15 on amazon but I'm not sure if this will connect to my scubapro sport. I also have Windows 10 and for some reason this seems to be an issue for scubapro software?

Try subsurface. As for the adapter, it looks like a basic IR "eye" so I'd expect any of them should work -- as long as your OS can use it. Check the compatibility list on the driver disk.

Back
Top Bottom