ScubaPro Twin Jets or Apollo Bio Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I notice that these two fins are good sellers but is there a performance difference between the two similar designed fins? I'm looking for a new pair of fins that are easy going but a fin that will scoot me through the water when I have to. Thanks
Aaron

Ken,
Do they move you through the water pretty good? Can you get good speed out of them or swim against a pretty good current? Thanks for your reply.
Aaron

I have the Scubapro twin jet fins and they are great. Very easy to move through the water. It's like there isn't anything on your feet, but your moving along great. Very efforless kicking. The only con I have about them is your toes will tend to stick out of the foot pocket. No big deal unless you kick your toe on a rock or something. I would rate the twin fins a 10!

Aaron,

I own a set of the Apollo fins and really like them for still water or real light current (1kt)anything faster, then you have a tendancy to over kick the fin and that's where regular fins win hands down.

ID

Iguana Don,

Thanks for the info. I think that i'm gonna stick with the traditional fins. I want to thank you all for all the helpful information and thanks for taking time out to answer my question.

Aaron

Madder_Than_Hell:
I have the Scubapro twin jet fins and they are great. Very easy to move through the water. It's like there isn't anything on your feet, but your moving along great. Very efforless kicking. The only con I have about them is your toes will tend to stick out of the foot pocket. No big deal unless you kick your toe on a rock or something. I would rate the twin fins a 10!

Me too, I love 'm

I've used both.
The Apollo fins were too soft for me. They didn't respond well needing too much movement for fine adjustments. The twin jets are stiffer and, therefore, more responsive. I sold my twin jets when I was given the opportunity to use the SP Twin Speeds. They are very stiff and respond instantly to small corrections. I use them while I photo since I can rely on their being able to set me up in the water easily.

All I know is the Apollo bio fins are still rated the best in Scuba Diving Mag, and that I love mine. I am, however, getting the new XT version since I outgrew my old ones, and they are supposed to be a bit stiffer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom