Scubapro vs Dive-rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Divers,
I used MK25/S600 for technical dive, no commennt Scubapro MK25/S600 conseder good 1st stage and Regulator.

I worked with a lot of guys who swore by their Scubapro regs. Then there were a few who swore at them. I always used other brands.
PerroneFord hit a lot of reasons to go with Dive Rite - my favorite reason is that the service manual is online and the annual service parts are sitting right on the wall at Fill Express - no scrounging, no secret handshake deals, no who-do-you-know crap. When I used to service my regs, I had a tough time getting the parts since I was not affiliated with a shop.
So my answer is go for the Dive Rite, especially with the Christmas special on them.

Dans has a special on now too. BUy the 1st and 2nd stage and he will throw in a diverite octo. not a bad deal!!

Well,

I got my new Dive Rite RG2500ICE in the water today. I couldn't be more pleased. Two fairly shallow dives in Ginnie Springs but the reg deliverd air better than my old Oceanic Delta rig, and was a joy. I used the Rg1215 backup as well and it was also quite nice.

I'm sure the SP stuff is great, but I think I'll stick with the DR for now.

I think I'll look into Dive Rite. It sounds like they are trying to develop a customer base. Just like Japan did with the cars. When will SP get with the program and quit taking advantage of people. I guess when they no longer don't have any sales. They have me looking else where.

I think I'll look into Dive Rite. It sounds like they are trying to develop a customer base. Just like Japan did with the cars. When will SP get with the program and quit taking advantage of people. I guess when they no longer don't have any sales. They have me looking else where.

DEAD THREAD WALKING!

Scubapro MK25/S600 vs Dive-rite RG2500 with the Mares MR12 Rebel as a secondary, I'm looking for a long lasting reg that will serve me well in cold Canadian waters. Have at it.
Thanks all

If you want a top performer,and if you are diving in cold water.
The ScubaPro MK17/G250V is the best you can get.
the MK 25 is not a cold water reg.
It would do ok down to 45 degrees but if you plan on diving under the ice the MK17 would be better.
Alot of people on the board like DiveRite,but i believe scubapro has a better service network.

It is true scubapro is not the cheapest reg,But here is a couple of things to think about.
Scubapro has developed there regs so that even 35 year old regs can still be serviced,parts are still available.
they support there dealers,And provide the best equipmnt Available.
If you buy a reg for more money and it last a lifetime thats worth something.
The problem is marketing,diverite and others have good marketing
scubapro has top notch gear.
I will take the best gear,thank you!:D

they support there dealers,

Yeah but unfortunately, we're not dealers. We're just lowly end users, and we don't figure too highly in their support system or their care. Actually, they don't care too much about their dealers either. If they did, they would quit selling goods under the table to places like LP while preventing their dealers from competing.

Yeah but unfortunately, we're not dealers. We're just lowly end users, and we don't figure too highly in their support system or their care. Actually, they don't care too much about their dealers either. If they did, they would quit selling goods under the table to places like LP while preventing their dealers from competing.

ScubaPro has been tracking and shutting down dealers who are selling through LP.
As consumers we want what ever is the lowest cost but we also want the best.
The minute scubapro starts letting there dealers pursue internet sells thats the minute bad service will start.
They have been the leader in scuba equipment and there parts and service network is outstanding.
i am sorry,i would rather pay 100.00 more for a reg and have life time service then to save a quick buck.
Scubapro is better compared with Apex and Atomic then DiveRite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom