ScubaPro vs Oceanic gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using Oceanic products both for me and my students. The BC's and regs are very reliable and mostly trouble free with 1000+ dives on them

This day and age, everybody makes a great product so which features do you relate to the best and do you have a reputable shop to deal with.
Our shop carry's Atomic, Scuba Pro, Oceanic, Dive Rite, Mares, & Sherwood just to name a few. As far as regs go you need to factor in Service, Breathe-ability, & Bubble Interference. With having all of these manufacturers to choose from (Have dove them all) I prefer the Atomics and I dive the M1's.
For BC's, you can't beat a BP & Wing (Halcyon Eclipse System) or Harness Style (DiveRite Transpac). If you are going to go with a more jacket style, the ScubaPro Knighthawk is really nice. For a BC, 2 key features are weight integration & back inflation which will equal being more streamlined & comfortable.

I agree with all of the above. A lot of positive comments about both brands and it is well deserved.

Still can't figure out why ScubaPro won't embrace the "internet" when it comes to selling stuff and/or at least give a LITTLE more flexibility to their dealers. People will still make money.

How is Scubapro Knighthawk a jacket style BCD? Its a wing with a harness. Shoulder straps, waist strap and a strap to connect the two shoulder straps mid chest all attached to a wing on the divers back. If you want a jacket there is Scubapro's Glide as an example.

I associate a Harness style BC as being totally modular in design with 2 inch webbing. Ex: if you need just a right shoulder strap, you can get one or you have the flexibility to move or replace D-rings.
On the KnightHawk, there is nothing modular about it and in fact the rear wing is stitched to the shoulder strap. The KnightHawk BC is going to feel like a jacket (cumberbund/padding) but without the flotation and bulk up front. A harness style will feel nothing (a lot more freedom) like this.

It is common I believe to differentiate between jacket style and back inflate setups. Jacket has a bladder that inflates around your body like a vest and a back inflate actually has a bladder on the back of the setup so that all the air is behind you and there is no 'squeeze'. Neither is modular but both are still quite different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom