Scubatools: Dual Drive Adjusting Tool and Scubapro Balanced Chamber Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlos.carvalho

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've browsed the Scubatools website and I've found they have two tools:
  • Dual Drive Adjusting Tool (SKU: 20-500-200)
  • Scubapro Balanced Chamber Tool (SKU: 20-550-200)
I'vee read the Dual Drive Adjusting Tool can service several brand of regulators, including Scubapro (as mentioned in some Scubapro service manuals). What can the Scubapro Balanced Chamber Tool do more?

Do I need both tools or the first one is enough?

Thanks for your help,

Carlos Carvalho

Actually, you don't need either tool for DIY.

The dual drive adjusting tool works on the hose (orifice) end of of most regulators where the final adjustment is usually made on most 2nd stages.

The Scubapro balance chamber tool is used on the adjustment knob end of the Scubapro G500, S600, and G250HP where those 2nds receive their final adjustment.

Both tools allow for faster final adjustments. But if you are willing to spend an exrta 5 to 15 minutes tuning your regulator, you can get the same level of performance from your regulators without the special tools.

The balance chamber tool will not work on late production G250HP. Adjustment of the poppet spring is accomplished with a 3 mm screwdriver.

Sorry for the delay but for any reason I can’t explain, I missed you answers.

The Dual Drive Adjusting Tool (SKU: 20-500-200) is useful for which second stages?

Regards,

Carlos Carvalho

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom