ScubaToys discount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gomi_otaku

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Do you have to call ScubaToys to get the ScubaBoard discount, or can you enter a code on the site when checking out?
gomi_

Yes, I had to call to get the discount. They did 'code' my customer record with the SB 10% discount so it appeared the next time I called.

They usually don't apply it if they are already discounting to match a competitor price. They've matched LP and you get the manufacturer warranty.

Yep, call them. Last time, I had to call them for Christmas gifts last year.

Because of where I'm living now (overseas long distance and time zone difference), I've always ordered stuff from ScubaToys on-line through their web site. I just add a request in the "Comments" space, asking for the 10% ScubaBoard discount.

They send an automatic response with the list price, but then in the "we've shipped your stuff" follow-up e-mail I find they've knocked the 10% off.

I imagine there's some potential for the discount to be overlooked if done this way, but so far it's worked every time. And I'm sure they'd make it right otherwise.

--Marek

I've bought so much stuff from ScubaToys, I get my own discount. :D

It's hit or miss on the discount online. I've had them miss it in the past (early days of shopping them). But now that I've reached a certain spending level with them, I'm told I'm in the computer for an automatic 10% off!

Conversation last time I was in the store:

Me: I'm a ScubaBoard member. We get 10% off, right.

ST employee: You're in the computer for an automatic 10% discount because you've bought quite a bit from us.

My wife: I don't even want to know how much.

:D :D :D

I put it in the comments, that seems to work. I don't call anyplace to order anything anymore.

Pomkiwi said:
"is there a minimum amount of posts required for the discount? I'm really a reader of these forums, rather than a poster as yet!"

Well you broke the ice
Welcome to the SB!

All the best,
Geoff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom