SE Michigan Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubNavigator

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see a discussion, much less a listing of SE Michigan Dive Shops.

I'm returning to diving after 10 years, but I've only been in SE Michigan for 5. So, my default approach is to find the closest one. But I've been to two. SEA the World and Adventure Scuba. Diver's Inc. in Ann Arbor is also a possibility.

Any comments?

Thanks,

SubNavigator
:D Keep it out of the dirt...

Love the avatar.

I had a set of the silver kind for my naval uniforms. Ahhh... the days in manuevering with my hand near the SCRAM switch...

Anyways, there is also Huron Scuba Adventures in Ann Arbor. I bump into their instructors quite frequently and they seem to be very good.

SubNavigator:
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see a discussion, much less a listing of SE Michigan Dive Shops.

I'm returning to diving after 10 years, but I've only been in SE Michigan for 5. So, my default approach is to find the closest one. But I've been to two. SEA the World and Adventure Scuba. Diver's Inc. in Ann Arbor is also a possibility.

Any comments?

Thanks,

SubNavigator
:D Keep it out of the dirt...

There's a list on the instructor page of the Gilboa Site that may be of some assistance to you. Most of them are from SE Michigan.

A friend of mine has had complaints about Diver's Inc (Ann Arbor). I don't think she gets along with them. I'm told they were inflexible when it came to some check-out dives and my friend still hasn't finished her rescue class.

Sea the World (also know by it's customers as STW) is an outstanding shop that really cares about it's customers. They have a deep inventory of diving items, and really know their stuff. The owner, Craig, is really a great guy and his customers are loyal for good reason-he strives to take care of them.

No, I don't work there nor am I Craig's partner! Just a VERY satisfied customer that is happy to recommend them.

There is store in Lincoln Park on Fort st. - Scuba Centers of Michigan, or somethin like that. It might be closer to Canton. They sponsor a lot of trips and great lakes charters if that is what you are looking for. Rec Diving and Sea the World do that as well.

I use US Scuba in Rochester Hills. Bud and Heather are the owners. They are awesome! They will go out of their way to help you any way possible. I've taken the following classes with them: open water, advanced open water, underwater photography, and will be taking fish identification and underwater basket weaving. I have been to Bonaire with them and soon North Sulawesi. Try them, you will not regret it.

Back
Top Bottom