Sea and Sea DX-1g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_lutz

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone out there have an opinion on the new Sea and Sea Dx-1g. How does it compare to the DX-5000/8000?

I haven't used the 1G but have compared its specs to the 8000G that I do own and they look very similiar except the 1G has 10 meg pixel vice the 8 meg pixel for the 8000G. I am very happy with the 8000G and got some great shots with it on our Fiji trip this July. There is a review for the Ricoh camera that is used in the 1G housing and can be found at this link http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/ricohgx100/ If your interested email me a
jamescrew6@verizon.net and I will send you some of my recent pics to get an idea of the quality you can get.

Regards,

Bill

Mike, we just got a shipment of the Dx-1g cameras today. I will take sample shots with it tomorrow and send you a link where to visit them. From what Ive seen so far, this camera is going to be the best option in the price range. The Dx8000 and all predecessors were excellent cameras...this one really excites me as well!

Mike, we just got a shipment of the Dx-1g cameras today. I will take sample shots with it tomorrow and send you a link where to visit them. From what Ive seen so far, this camera is going to be the best option in the price range. The Dx8000 and all predecessors were excellent cameras...this one really excites me as well![/quote

Hi there....any news and sample shots/reviews for us? I await eagerly!

Hey guys, one of our instructors is taking the camera out to Catalina tomorrow for some underwater shots. He will be using it with the YS-27dx strobe. I will have the underwater shots up by the end of the weekend

I also look forward to seeing these pix

I recently got the 8000G and couldn't be happier. It is small, takes great pictures and is easy to use. One thing to think about, they discontinued this camera and now it is very hard to find a replacement or replacement part...

Hi guys. Unfortunately our instructor ended up not diving Saturday...so Im going to try and get out on Thursday to get some sample shots with the camera. We are all very excited to see what this bad boy can do. I will keep you posted once I can arrange a boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom