Sea-Doo VS Supercharged and Explorer experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently bought a SeaDoo Explorer, brand spank'n new out of the box, followed all the instructions, charged the battery like it said, greased the o-rings, etc. The maiden voyage, I decided to try in a 5' deep pool just to test it before going into the ocean (this was following other people's warnings about the SeaDoo Explorer's flooded). Sure enough, after 5 freck'n minutes in the pool, my 700 bucks went out the window. Can you imagine if the maiden voyage was on a real dive? I'd have to lug that thing throughout the dive! It turns out the leak wasn't even in the battery compartment, but in the motor compartment which users can't even access! Being in Guam, I had to pay over $300 bucks to ship it back to Irvine CA. Now they've replaced it (or fixed it I'm not sure) which means the next time I'm in Guam USA to check out my new toy, and if it again floods, I'd be out of warranty range and be out $1000! All for 5 minutes of use in the pool! What a crock!!

The new version of the Sea Doo Seascooter Explorer released over the summer was re engineered and does not flood. There are still older units out there so make sure to ask if your dealer has the latest version.

OK I went to use mine this weekend (again) and had problems.
I let a friend use it and he came back saying it was cutting out. It would go for a bit then stop. If you pulled the trigger again it would go then stop .
I took it back on the boat figuring I'd see water in the battery compartment - nope .
Battery was fully charge but I figured I'd try the 2nd one - same results.
I messed with it today a little at the dock with the same results.
Any one have any ideas - no water in it, batteries charged, Motor sounds good when it runs???

Thanks,
Andy

I let a friend use it and he came back saying it was cutting out. It would go for a bit then stop. If you pulled the trigger again it would go then stop .
I took it back on the boat figuring I'd see water in the battery compartment - nope .
Any one have any ideas - no water in it, batteries charged, Motor sounds good when it runs???

Thanks,
Andy
Same thing happened to both of mine. They could not find the problem and now are in the landfill.

I have had no problems so far with the explorer

Oh great :( I'll find out what's up with it. The guy I bought it from said he just bought them in the spring - there must be a warranty on them- no??

Thanks,
Andy

Mine did the same thing and there was no water in the battery compartment. I took the battery out then put the nose cone back on and then shook it and could hear water in the motor compartment.

There was no water sound in mine, so I don't know.
Well for no apparent reason it appears to be operational again. I used it yesterday but I don't think there is the "boost" on the left trigger???

Andy

You mentioned it was bought second hand and not heavily used. The worst thing for batteries is to sit around not being used-they actually begin to die after about a month of not being charged. You just want to make sure they definitely are still good as the exact same thing happened to me(it goes for a bit then stops etc.) and it was the battery. If you can rule out the battery and you think the left trigger isn't boosting it's gotta be the PC Board.

Hey did that guy ever get is charged or explorer? He just left aww
Well here is the skinny! I want to get the explorer X model doesn't come out till
April. Also made by that T compnay which I forget the name right now.

2010 Explorer DPV is the updated version with enhance sealing protection and a new gearbox
Now the Explorer X. The yellow seadoo is exactly 99% the same there's only 2 main differnance

1. Nose cone has a battery purge valve
2. Now in yellow(which looks way better I think)

Explorer is going to cost 100 bucks more then the DVP
So if u guys wanna save money I would go with the DVP

But the explorer x will phase out the explorer dvp
So ur gonna pay more for those 2 minor changes

So choose wisely haha

Buy the way I purchased the DVP today haha I'm all about saying the $$$

I bought the SeaDoo Explorer, it flooded the first time I used it, it was brand new, out of the box, being tested in five feet of pool water when it flooded. I called their customer service and was glad to know they would take care of it (I had to pay for shipping back to Irvine Cal though). Second time I got it back from repairs, it flooded again (both floods occurred in the engine compartment, where user has no control, e.g. o-ring installed by user is only for the battery compartment, not the engine compartment). Again, customer service at SeaDoo (BodyGlove) took care of it. All I can say is I have yet to use the scooter on a real dive, but at least their customer service department is very nice. Maybe they're used to getting flooded vehicles returned?

I bought the SeaDoo Explorer, it flooded the first time I used it, it was brand new, out of the box, being tested in five feet of pool water when it flooded. I called their customer service and was glad to know they would take care of it (I had to pay for shipping back to Irvine Cal though). Second time I got it back from repairs, it flooded again (both floods occurred in the engine compartment, where user has no control, e.g. o-ring installed by user is only for the battery compartment, not the engine compartment). Again, customer service at SeaDoo (BodyGlove) took care of it. All I can say is I have yet to use the scooter on a real dive, but at least their customer service department is very nice. Maybe they're used to getting flooded vehicles returned?

The first version Sea Doo Seascooter Explorer seems to have had a problem with one of the seals(that's all it takes-lol) which caused flooding on some of scooters. I don't think they figured out the problem for a few years but all the new scooters(2110) have newly designed seals which fixed the flooding problem.

Back
Top Bottom