Sea Life Customer service.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerryC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Usually we tend to complain about poor customer service, so I want to SHOUT OUT LOUD about the great service I have just received from Sea Life.

I live in St Kitts in the Caribbean so we buy most things in the USA and usually when service is required we face major hurdles ((("What state are you in?", "err we are not a state we are an island in the Caribbean" "Yes OK what is your Zip Code?" "err, we do not have zip codes", "So what state are you in? " and so it goes on))).

But I digress.

I bought a DC1200 Camera and Strobe Kit last November, today I noticed the camera latching bracket was starting to crack (about 150-200 dives).

4.20 pm emailed Sea Life
4.28 pm Deborah emailed me back with a couple of questions
4.52 pm I answered the questions.
4.53 pm I received an email that the part was on its way, and no charge.

That is service that cannot be beaten.
My guests often ask me about the Sea Life cameras and I do recommend them because I have been so happy with mine. Now I can also recommend the customer service.

Thank You Sea Life and Thank You Deborah Marshall

I woudl agree with you. My camera flooded on its first dive. Called Sealife immediatly, 3 days later I recieved my new camera. Top notch service from them.

Also have to agrre. When I had my mini stop working, sent it in and they sent me the new updated one. Now an issue with my video lite. Currently in Cozumel, gave me the local Sealife dealer here but they didn't have the lite so will make due until back in the states. Always have been helpful and will take care of any and all issues. Thats why I'm a repeat customer.

Shout out ANOTHER COMPLIMENT to amazing Customer Service. I have owned Sea-Life cameras for several years, having the DC1000, the DC1200 and now the DC1400. My daughter first told me to call SeaLife when I had battery troubles with my first DC1000. They sent me a new battery. Later, they have stood by their products, always taking time to help me discern where I was making poor choices with the usage of the camera, and even offering me lighting tips. Karl (now in Sales) is a diver and has shared his personal experience in getting better pictures. As I evolved through the different cameras, he continued to give me tips and advice. I learned NEVER to use Quick Shot. I learned to use Vivid color settings, and to use two strobes instead of just one.

Now, with the DC1400 and my new learning curve in High Def video, Arthyr, the Operations Manager at Sea-Life has been very patient and willing to receive and analyze my camera settings by looking at the invisible, hidden codes in individual pictures and in video I uploaded to youtube.com that tell them what I had my camera settings fixed to. In fact, when the camera or housing or strobe proved to be defective they quickly replaced them. I continue to admire their personal approach, and the way they make me feel like I am their only customer!!!

I agree. They have come through for me on many occasions. On another note, Professor, do you still use the "Vivid" setting on the DC1400? I used to do that with the DC1200, but when I did with the DC1400, it seemed to over-saturate anything blue that the strobes didn't hit. I don't remember having that problem with the DC1200. Although, I didn't get much practice/trouble shooting with the new camera that trip though since the weather didn't play along, so who knows. I plan on playing with it a little more in a few weeks in Bonaire, but wanted to see if you happened to have noticed the same thing?

Okay I normally hate to be redundant on a point especially to critisize, but I have to raise praise, along with you others, about the customer service. My buddy had his DC 1200 flood and in a few days CS had a new camera and housing to my buddy. I sent my DC 800 housing in due to sticking buttons. They mistakenly shipped the housing to the wrong address. When I notified them they sent me a new housing overnight to my then current address so i wouln't miss my dive trip. Can't beat that kind of service. The end result of this type of service, I bought a new DC 1200 and on my urging two of my friends bought SeaLife Cameras.

Sealife, if you ever get into being an home internet provider or cell phone business let me know, I'm there!

Dive Lvr

Back
Top Bottom