Sea & Sea YS-110a vs Inon S2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod,

Thanks for the advice. When I called reef photo and asked them about your suggestion: Inon Optical D Cable (L Type) Cap W33 Set for Canon WP-DC9, they told me that I need Fiber Optic Cable Adapter Set for Compact Digicams (search keywords: rpv foa) and Inon Optical D Cable (43 cm L Type) instead.

Does your setup need any adjustments to fit into Ikelite s90 housing? I like your suggestion better since it does not glues to the housing and also shields the internal flash. What do you think about reef photo variant?

Thanks

I actually just purchased an Ikelite S90 housing from Reef. I told them I had an s-2000 and they had a solution for me. They drilled a hole in the Ikelite flash blocker and inserted an inon bush plug into the whole and put a round plastic washer on the other side to hold it in place. Simple and effective.

Thanks, MdkSniper

Does inon bush plug hold optical cable tight? (if you pull it, does it easily get out? How do you tighten it?). Can you insert 2 cables there or you need 2 bush plugs?

Thanks

Thanks, MdkSniper

Does inon bush plug hold optical cable tight? (if you pull it, does it easily get out? How do you tighten it?). Can you insert 2 cables there or you need 2 bush plugs?

Thanks

Yes. It is very tight. It takes some forcing to get the fiber optic cables through the holes. there are two holes in one bush plug.

I'll post some pics later tonight.

MdkSniper,

If you need to detach housing from the setup, I assume you need to remove deflector with bush plugs? Did you buy a Inon optical cable set? Do you think Ikelite deflector protects enough from back-scatter? Do you use the Clear Photo filters? Can they be attached to the Ikelite housing from inside?

Thank you for your answers

MdkSniper,

If you need to detach housing from the setup, I assume you need to remove deflector with bush plugs? Did you buy a Inon optical cable set? Do you think Ikelite deflector protects enough from back-scatter? Do you use the Clear Photo filters? Can they be attached to the Ikelite housing from inside?

Thank you for your answers

Yes. You just pull the cables out of the plug and can take the deflector off.

I bought an Inon Optical D Cable.

Yes, I think the deflector protects against backscatter. At least, on my old Canon A590 it did. It's the same exact thing on my new s90 case so I will say that it does.

I don't use clear photofilters and am not sure how they could be attached from the inside.

I'll post pics soon.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures of the Bush Plug/ikelite deflector set-up.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Great idea...I ordered mine today from Reef..and referenced this mod as something I too would like...it's clean and effective...I like it!

MdkSniper --

I like the compact look of that setup with the S-2000. Unless I find a really cheap deal on a good used strobe, the S-2000 is what I will buy, mainly for size/weight (travel and dive).

MdkSniper --

I like the compact look of that setup with the S-2000. Unless I find a really cheap deal on a good used strobe, the S-2000 is what I will buy, mainly for size/weight (travel and dive).

Good choice. My set-up is super compact. Can't wait to get it under the water.

MdkSniper,

Thanks a lot. Good photos, very easy to understand.
I see that you DYI the tray. What kind of arms are you using? Are they lighter than ULCS?

I am ready to order similar setup. Only I want to add:
Fisheye Mini LED Focus Light connected to ULCS AC-TCS to Triple Clamp (at the handle) via ULCS AD-SSL Adapter.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom