Sea & Sea YS-110a vs Inon S2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MdkSniper,

Thanks a lot. Good photos, very easy to understand.
I see that you DYI the tray. What kind of arms are you using? Are they lighter than ULCS?

I am ready to order similar setup. Only I want to add:
Fisheye Mini LED Focus Light connected to ULCS AC-TCS to Triple Clamp (at the handle) via ULCS AD-SSL Adapter.

Thanks

Hi VictorZ, I ordered my S90-Ike-S2000 from Reef Photo yesterday...and could not be happier with thier professionalism and support. We discussed a focus light solution and in particular the Fisheye Mini. I am new to UW photography and thus could only go on thier advice, but they said the Mini light has a VERY narrow beam and can be difficult to point at a moving subject...They talked me into the LED500DX...quite a bit more $ but perhaps a wider/brighter/better solution. Thought I might pass this info on to ya...hope it helps.

MdkSniper,

Thanks a lot. Good photos, very easy to understand.
I see that you DYI the tray. What kind of arms are you using? Are they lighter than ULCS?

I am ready to order similar setup. Only I want to add:
Fisheye Mini LED Focus Light connected to ULCS AC-TCS to Triple Clamp (at the handle) via ULCS AD-SSL Adapter.

Thanks

Yeah. I did make a DIY tray. I live in the same town as McMaster-Carr so I figured why pay 70 dollars for one when you can buy a 12 dollar bar of flat aluminum and DIY? It's light and it won't rust with the coating I am going to put on it. The housing fits great and I kept the set-up small.

I was originally going to buy ULCS arms and handles, but I ended up buying ones from Jack Connick at opticaloceansales.com. They are very light and he is an extremely fast shipper. I received everything within three days of ordering despite living across the country.

MdkSniper,

Is it Optical Ocean Ikelite Arm system?

Thanks

chrishet,

I never used a dedicated focus light myself but saw recommendations on this forum. Not to discourage you but see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/strobes-lighting/314116-review-fisheye-fix-led500dx.html for review of LED500DX.

Thx for the link...that was an interesting read...looks like there are a lot of LED500DX duds out there! although I did like the results he got focusing...man if I can get anything close to that! The Reef Photo guy highly recommended this light, but they didn't have it in stock so I bought it from Backscatter...and they only had one, they too said it was very popular. Another thing RP told me was that it shut off when the preflash fired, from reading this review it appears that is not the case..the mini does have this feature...hmmm...any other suggestions out there on a focus light?

MdkSniper,

Is it Optical Ocean Ikelite Arm system?

Thanks

No. I actually just bought an arm kit. It's called the "Optical Ocean Light 4+6 Arms." I just drilled a hole in the aluminum bar to fit the handle screw.

Contains a handle, 4" and 6" arm, and two clamps. It's very nice and light. If you can an S2000 you need to buy the Inon Z-joint to attach to it.

MdkSniper,

I looked at various options there. ULCS more than 80% more expensive than Optical Ocean Light (people say they are made by Fantasea). Are the ULCS so much better? Did you try yours? Do clams hold well? They look really nice and I am thinking about buying them instead of ULCS.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom