Sea Shepherd condemned by International Whaling Commission.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some also have said that Japan has used economic threats in order to force poorer countries to vote there way in relation to the IWC

And America (and any G& nation for that matter!) would never do that, of course!!!!

Calling the Sea Shepherds terrorists is a big stretch. It's not a big surprise that the person that started this thread is from Japan.
Actually I'm English! :wink:

If someone tried to ram you at sea, or threw acid at you, what would you call them?

That's the whole point of the IWC condemnation. If they carry on like this someone is going to get killed.

Also, I don't quite buy the boxing analogy. I imagine the moratorium on whaling is there because of their endangered status. If insufficient progress has been made on that front, it doesn't make sense for the moratorium to simply end and whaling be allowed at the danger of whale extinction. That's like everyone agreeing that boxing is too dangerous, so it's temporarily stopped until it's made safer. But it hasn't been made safer, so...

Also, I don't quite buy the boxing analogy. I imagine the moratorium on whaling is there because of their endangered status. If insufficient progress has been made on that front, it doesn't make sense for the moratorium to simply end and whaling be allowed at the danger of whale extinction. That's like everyone agreeing that boxing is too dangerous, so it's temporarily stopped until it's made safer. But it hasn't been made safer, so...
In the case of Minke whales they aren't endangered. That's the whole point.

So who do you think is going to get killed? Will it be the ones trying to put themselves between the whales and the international poachers? Or will it be the whalers shooting at the Sea Shepherds?
I know you're trying to set up your argument so that you can defend the whalers when they kill someone which is their obvious intent.
Even if you're English it doesn't diminish the fact that you're posting from Japan.

So who do you think is going to get killed? Will it be the ones trying to put themselves between the whales and the international poachers? Or will it be the whalers shooting at the Sea Shepherds?
I know you're trying to set up your argument so that you can defend the whalers when they kill someone which is their obvious intent.
Even if you're English it doesn't diminish the fact that you're posting from Japan.
So much of this post is pure BS I'm not even going to bother to answer it.

If that's what you believe you're probably not going to change your mind anyway so there's no point continuing to talk to you.

You too Rainer. Move along with your silliness. This argument that these whales are being killed for research and the fact the meat is being sold for profit is absolutely ridiculous.
Japan is selling whale meat under the guise of scientific research and it's common knowledge.
Pull your head out of the sand and learn the facts.

And America (and any G& nation for that matter!) would never do that, of course!!!!
Of course not! :rofl3:

And they probably wouldn't link foreign aid to abortion issues or abstinence programs or other stuff like that either! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom