Sea Tiger Penetration to Engine Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine,

Thanks for sharing the pics and telling us about the dive. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Very nice pics..

I dove on the Sea Tiger for a night dive, loved it so much went back with my wife to do it during the day (no penetration)..

Now I REALLY want to go back to Hawaii..

justleesa:
Very cool! I love seeing what the ships looked like before they were sunk...ya got anything on the YO or the San Pedro?
I've been looking. I was shocked to find those!

you know, we have some very good diving here actually. Everybody kinda says we don't but it is usually people determined to fin the soft coral they saw in Fiji.....

When we get the 200 ft viz days and you are at 120 looking around at the wreck, the divers, the boat on the surface, and then three spotted eagle rays cruise by, dodging the turtles, well...in moments like that, your world can feel pretty BIG! Stellar viz really does it for me.

and yesterday, when we were all on the SI, Wilson the guy from Palau, who works as a dive guide started cracking us all up, talking story with those happy faces only Pacific Islanders have, and I just kept think "dang, I love Hawaii". Honestly, we have a very good time out there with the cast of characters usually from ALL over and every walk of life.---at least as interesting as the fish!

Can I go too?

nope...you're going to the pill-a-peens...remember?

well, we can plan one for when you are here. Fishboy, I have never seen those shots of the Sea Tiger..way to go! go find us some more.... gee those are really cool. I know lots of people that will love seeing those...

I cannot wait till we get our boat and can go wherever, whenever. Poor empty slip....

yea, if you are a local diver, and have goals and passions to do certain things...Alex is the man to know. The reason is, he is very enthusiastic about diving, it's not just a business for him. So...if he hears you really want to do something, explore a new area, etc....then he bends over backwards to make it happen. he let us take his brand new boat interisland with a captain who had never made the crossing! ...what a bunch of yahoos we were on THAT trip. Anyway, we did 17 dives and never picked up an anchor or dropped anchor. He is an adventersome person and I have always liked him for his enthusiasm and love for diving and how excited he gets. He has found many new sites up Pearl Harbor side...placed moorings, etc. Now...somebody is always chasing him out of some security zone, some marina, someplace...but thats why it is always an adventure diving with him. He says "I am not dumbcowdiving.com" Some people can't take his ways but he is very entertaining and generous.

Oh...here is an example of Alex....I wanted to fly to Molakai in this little plane, and I wanted him (boating over with a dive trip/adventure of local DM's instructor types) to pick me up over there. So he screams at me for days "there is no bloody pier over there on that end of the island!" So, I make a plan to sneak over to the lepar colony and run out on their dock, last minute, as he makes a pass for me. well, basically, I called it off because somebody clued me in that the health department might have impounded his boat...and I did not want to be the big hero. So, I ended up swimming through some big surf, all my stuff in a dry bag from the west end. So, Alex is like that...always a sucker for some "big plan".

oh, and he wants to start a club.

leesa, you are so good with accents.

so..was this going to be a surprise visit?? You know we have to prepare for you :wink:

catherine96821:
Oh...here is an example of Alex....I wanted to fly to Molakai in this little plane, and I wanted him (boating over with a dive trip/adventure of local DM's instructor types) to pick me up over there. So he screams at me for days "there is no bloody pier over there on that end of the island!" So, I make a plan to sneak over to the lepar colony and run out on their dock, last minute, as he makes a pass for me. well, basically, I called it off because somebody clued me in that the health department might have impounded his boat...and I did not want to be the big hero. So, I ended up swimming through some big surf, all my stuff in a dry bag from the west end. So, Alex is like that...always a sucker for some "big plan".

This sounds like something out of "Mission Impossible". I have a feeling that you and Alex together can cook up some pretty impressive "plans". :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom