SEAGOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The key is the filter....the website says two little tanks can be filled on one filter, and bigger tanks can be filled but several filters would need to be used. Note the fill rate is 35 l/min, so an AL80 would need over an hour to fill, and require 10+ filters.

I'm confused. Their literature (PCP compressor - 220V 30MPA 4500 PSI 300Bar High Pressure PCP Rifle Air Pump Water Cooling Inflator Air Gun Scuba Mini Compressors Tester-in Pumps from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) says:
External High pressure Filter: the separation of particles of 0.01 micron or more suspended solids, clean up to 99.998%.

The saturation of the fiber cotton can be judged by working time, you can change it about total working time of about 50 minutes.

From that an al80- should only need 2 filters. Obviously I'm missing something.

I'm confused. Their literature (PCP compressor - 220V 30MPA 4500 PSI 300Bar High Pressure PCP Rifle Air Pump Water Cooling Inflator Air Gun Scuba Mini Compressors Tester-in Pumps from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) says:
External High pressure Filter: the separation of particles of 0.01 micron or more suspended solids, clean up to 99.998%.

The saturation of the fiber cotton can be judged by working time, you can change it about total working time of about 50 minutes.

From that an al80- should only need 2 filters. Obviously I'm missing something.
I'm taking about the info on the seagow website, not alibaba.

Let's not forget the MiniDive!

MiniDive • The first mini scuba tank refilled by the user

Rave Reviews from the Minidive:
"Hi It's now April and no word as to whats happened with my reward.
When can I expect Shipment ? "

"Hi. I received an email that my stuff was going to ship at the end of Jan. I still haven't received it. Can someone help?"

But my favorite underwater kickstarter comment comes to us from Michael Owen, Superbacker of the Scorkle:
"Do you drive the same car now as you did before WE GAVE YOU $1.3 million?"

In the beginning I was mad about such mini-scuba.
But already there I be able to understood - 1 litre - it is nothing.
I bought Aqualung M.A.S. and ordered composite 3 litre long tank with UNF 5/8-18 thread (as spareair) from tanks manufacturer. (they produce such tanks for paintball guys)
Yes, this mini-scuba was very nice cute and comfortable (and lightweight).
i-744.jpg
i-775.jpg

i-728.jpg

i-2649.jpg

But! most important - it was USELESS!

i-757.jpg

for normal dive - it is too small. In the 18' pool it was for 20-25 min only (gas was transfered from normal, filled tank, not filled by compressor)
for spare air for diving - it was realy enough (opposite to "so called spareair", which is too small for normal safety stop), but too big and not comfortable for travels (and later I gone to the sidemount :) )
for ... what else? I did not found any ideas, and after one year sold it.

Last edited:
I'm taking about the info on the seagow website, not alibaba.

OK - BUT my question was about the Alibaba compressor. What about that one. I'm assuming it's not safe but would like confirmation, since you seem to understand this stuff and I don't.

OK - BUT my question was about the Alibaba compressor. What about that one. I'm assuming it's not safe but would like confirmation, since you seem to understand this stuff and I don't.
Don't know, haven't looked at it. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom