Sealant for enclosure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks didnt really stabilize some of my vids since i got lazy and that takes too much time. but glad you liked them :)

I can't speak to the reliability of the sealant. But I can speak to how it feels when you flood your ZS3 housing--lousy! Lost memories is worse than a lost camera. I think the ZS3 is a great vid cam and I plan on maintaining mine as a back up. If your plans over the next year are limited to relatively shallow diving around Luzon/Visayas it's worth taking a chance on the sealant, otherwise you might want to consider an upgrade. Alternatively, you can just borrow Evie's 10Bar ;-).
BTW I have your Coron Cavern Diver pic on my desktop.

I can't speak to the reliability of the sealant. But I can speak to how it feels when you flood your ZS3 housing--lousy! Lost memories is worse than a lost camera. I think the ZS3 is a great vid cam and I plan on maintaining mine as a back up. If your plans over the next year are limited to relatively shallow diving around Luzon/Visayas it's worth taking a chance on the sealant, otherwise you might want to consider an upgrade. Alternatively, you can just borrow Evie's 10Bar ;-).
BTW I have your Coron Cavern Diver pic on my desktop.

i hate that 10bar housing! i also hate the patima that vicky has. with those archaic knobs i beat them to the vids every damn time haha.
the zs3 is such a good camera for video that i want to keep it.
i couldnt find the 3m sealant mentioned above but this is what i found locally :
Selleys Glass Silicone - Silicone Sealants
the rep said it has the strongest adhesion, however it is made of acetic acid. it does mention that it will adhere to most plastics though.

cheers on the pic, its my fave too. plus all natural, no retouch :)

i got this clear rtv silicone sealant. it was given to me and it was recommended by a boat store since it is industrial grade. however when i checked the back it said for metal, glass, vinylrubber and polished wood.

Attachments

• P1020471.jpg
    P1020471.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 26
bump, any help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom