SeaLife Camera Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
A suggestion was made in the "Suggestions" area to form a Sealife Camera Forum (Just as Oly Outlet, Canon Corner and Nikon Niche are in place)...

Thought process:

• Many users have these cameras and want to know more about them
  • There are so many questions about these cameras
  • Many new divers choose Sealife cameras as their introduction to underwater photography due to their price and quality
  • Sealife camera users will easily find information they need just as the users of Oly, Canon and Nikon find information important to their use
Here are the requirements for a new forum:
------------------------------------------
So you want a new forum?

You need to think about the following:
  • Is the subject suitable for ScubaBoard?
  • Is it necessary, isn't this subject already covered by another forum?
  • Is it to be a private forum? If so, for which group? Any specific access restrictions (ie read-only etc.)?
Got that covered?

Good, next thing you need to do is to start a thread in Suggestions (part of Site Support).

Also, you'll need at least a dozen members who'll back your proposal.

Finally, the ScubaBoard Staff will consider your proposal and create the forum if approved.

Please note that any forum may also be removed due to inactivity.
----------------------------------------------

We've "Got that covered"

• The subject is ScubaBoard friendly
  • Particular Sealife issues and help are not covered in detail like they would be in its own forum
  • There should be no reason for a private forum and moderators can keep an eye out for trolling, with our help if needed.
UNDERSTAND:
Even if we show the support needed, it does not guarantee a new forum.

If we meet the criteria, ScubaBoard will "consider" our proposal (Not automatically grant us a forum)
---------------
I believe there are enough Sealife users to warrant a Sealife Camera Forum. It would be good for the photography area, great for Sealife users... and quite possibly a stepping stone to better pictures and higher quality cameras (Oly, Canon, Nikon, etc.) for each forum member.

If you agree, please add your name to the list. So we can show our support for this potential new forum. (If you do not agree, please do not troll this thread... leave it alone. Any posts deemed a troll will be reported immediately)

Thanks,
Jim

Names on the list so far:

1. prskate2
  2. DandyDon
  3. CoolTech
  4. LowVizWiz
  5. Missdirected
  6. Chris Walrod
  7. jporter440
  8. trigfunctions
  9. parrothead600
  10. seaducer
  11. FireDiver443
  12. Iain Thysse
  13. .
  14. .
  15. .
  16. .
Fantastic! We've met minimum requirements in less than 24 hours. But, don't let that stop anyone from tossing in their name for support of a new forum!

Last edited:
me too!:)

Great idea. Add my name to the list.

Well I like it! You can put me on the list too!

Great idea! Add me too, please!

Your chances are looking pretty good.
Thanks El!

Excellent! Almost reached the minimum in less than 24 hours... Fantastic!

Even if the users complete the 12 minimum, we want to know if you are interested... Don't be afraid to let us know that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom