SeaQuest Pro QD i3 evaluation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent review. I've done around 200 dives-- both warm and cold water-- with my Pro QD i3, and I agree with just about everything mikeguerrero said. However...
IMHO, the only sensible place for an octo is right under your chin.
Anyplace else is harder to find in an emergency, more subject to fouling, and more subject to accidental detachment from the holder.
Somebody asked about packing weight. IMHO, the only sensible way to fly with a BCD is to wear it. Mine, at least, is very comfortable and weighs nothing when I'm walking through the airport. The savings in packing space (and weight) are substantial. I've worn it on flights from New Jersey to Nassau, Turks & Caicos, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hawaii, Sydney, Cairns, Guam, and Palau, and I've never had the slightest problem. I've always been able to stow it overhead in the airplane (although it is surprisingly comfortable to wear while seated). And only once has an airport security officer ever even mentioned it-- he said "nice BC!". OTOH, you guys with backplates may not do as well.

I noticed on the Aqualung site that one of the few changes in the newer ProQD has been the switch to "Surelock II" weight pouch clips. Has anyone here used both? Any major differences?

the surelock II pocket is the only difference the clip in the jacket is the same as the surelock. so if you perfer the older pocket handle they clip right in.

i've had mine in the pool over the past couple of weeks,
and i've got to say i'm most impressed,
the only thing that messed up is the mouth bit of the oral inflator popped off, it went on again so no real prblem, but if i was at sea, i don't think i would have seen it again...

I also have the i3 and I love it! My mouth piece fell off too but it happened while diving in a local lake with 15' vis. I've since replaced it and bought a second, also I stow it so it doesn't stick out.

Why the i3 technology isnt the standard I'll never know. Whenever I dive a conventional bc with a inflate tube, I end up with a bunch of water in the bc. With the i3 it's dry as a popcorn fart! The only problem I see is the ridgid cable inside that works the dump valves, I hope that doesn't break! I dive the carribean every year for a week so I just bought a travel bc to lighten my load. It's brand new for 2011 by Oceanic. It's called Biolite. I tried it in the pool and was very stable it weighs 5 lbs!

I read where the dry weight on this BC was about 8lbs. Does anybody know if it's buoyancy is positive or negative?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom