seaquest raider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nessum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Out of curiosity...

Does anyone know if they still make the Raider? I don't see it on the Aqualung website. I own one, quite like it (i'd love to go bp&wing, but in the mean time I am quite attached to the BC) & am surprised that they would discontinue it.

If they have discontinued it does anyone know why?

I heard from a dealer that both the Sea-Quest Raider and Aqualung Patriot suffered from poor sales. They were trying to produce a rival to the Zeagle Ranger, but failed to account for brand loyalty and the continuously positive word-of-worth that the Ranger receives. Plus, Sea-Quest already had the Black Diamond, a proven ANU-certified BC that was cheaper and had a proven track record.

I am in the same boat as you, I really like the the raider bcd. Unfortunatelly they stopped making the raider. But I did just see one on ebay in a large size, almost brand new. You might want to check out the Black Diamond, SQ just redesigned it. It has four dumps now, same lift, & redsigned pockets, my local LDS has one. Very nice & alot of the same features, has the holes to mount twin tanks.

Have you put twin tanks on yours yet?

The Raider was a great BC, most folks that have tried the Patriot and the Ranger like the Raider better for comfort, and balanced fit in the water. However if you are going to buy a used one, the sizing runs large. If you normally take a large in most other BC's you'll most likely take a meduim in this one. And if you are a medium go with a small or this one will float around your ears! It's got great flexibility though once you have one in the size you like, it will go from warm water to drysuit with just a few changes that you can do your self on the cumberbun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom