Searching for Diver Darren Fox...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love? used far too often and ment far too little.

just to set the record straight, as one of the few "tek instructors" here, ocean legends is not a tek shop, they offer rebreather classes (1 student has been mentioned in recent posts), that's not the same as a tek shop

I'm glad this got brought back up! How cool, Paul, I bet your a riot to meet. And as far as teachers go, i bet your students think your a pretty cool cat.

I LOVE that photo of you and the plane wreck. Just epic.

Define the word tek shop cuz any shop that blends tri-mix is a tek shop and if you put tri-mix in a rebreather that is classified as a tek dive along with cave diving and shipwrecks. Anybody can dive a rebreather and anything beyond recreational training is tek diving. So whats your point I cant see why you would claim they are not a tek shop. Making such a claim on a public board is foolish and for the record rebreathers are used for some deepest dives for their ability of extended bottom time and constant ppo and less decompression time. There are more tek instructors than you know and maybe theres a reason you dont know.

In the future maybe you should think before you do the foot to mouth thing. All technical diving is defined as any first step beyond recreational diving limits..

Safe diving guys

I going to go out on a limb here so follow along ... For mixed gas to be sold to the public thru a shop to be covered by the insurance company the gas has to be mixed by a certified nitrox-trimix gas blender which I know Ocean legends has.. There is also over 200 tek instructors in the state of Hawaii thats alot for a chain of four islands.

Conventional tek scuba is becoming a thing of the past. Rebreather training costs are the same if not cheaper than conventional and its more safer to dive than conventional.

Sounds like you need to goto DEMA and look around I would also suggest an instructor update.

An instructors job is to keep up to date with the dive industry and his or her local environment to know what is availible and who can provide to the needs of students and divers..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom