Seasickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And works
And is not available in the US, OTC or by prescription.
Kwells can be mail-ordered from CanadaPhharmacy.com. $54 CDN for 12tablets

And is not available in the US, OTC or by prescription.
Kwells can be mail-ordered from CanadaPhharmacy.com. $54 CDN for 12tablets

Plus a bundle (about doubles the price) for shipping from Australia....but still cheaper than Canada.

ADDED: you can greatly drop the per-box-shipping-cost by buying more than one box....I just bought 3 boxes at a total cost of just over $12 USD per box.

Plus a bundle (about doubles the price) for shipping from Australia....but still cheaper than Canada.

ADDED: you can greatly drop the per-box-shipping-cost by buying more than one box....I just bought 3 boxes at a total cost of just over $12 USD per box.
I do not like putting more chemicals in my body. Sea sickness...mal de mer, can be reduced or eliminated with mental and physical discipline.
Think, if you are a passenger in a car you are subject to motion sickness. So why if. you are driving you do not get sick.
One can focus on the seas and horizon forward, stand with hands on rail or some structure and just pretend to be driving the boat. Concentrate. Practice without loosing patience or tiring or changing position or focus.
Tell me your experience.

I do not like putting more chemicals in my body. Sea sickness...mal de mer, can be reduced or eliminated with mental and physical discipline.
Think, if you are a passenger in a car you are subject to motion sickness. So why if. you are driving you do not get sick.
One can focus on the seas and horizon forward, stand with hands on rail or some structure and just pretend to be driving the boat. Concentrate. Practice without loosing patience or tiring or changing position or focus.
Tell me your experience.
Glad you can do it. Not everybody can.

Tell me your experience.
My experience is... my dive is a lot better with some sea sickness drugs in me:)

I'm sure if I owned a boat, or was closer to the ocean maybe this would be an option "to get used to it". But not everyone can do that!

I seem to belong to an extreme case with tinnius and a few recent cases of vertigo . I have had a lapse of 7 or more years from not diving and soon will take the plunge . A regiment of good health and testing my equilibrium like driving a car continually on bumpy and winding roads in the highlands of Central America is a start for my journey back to our waterworld . Wish me luck , I may need it and have a nice day

Iv'e used the scopolamine patches for years. They have opened the world for me, as I can now travel in very rough seas with no problems, while I can get seasick in a marina on a boat tied up to the pier without it. One thing I have noticed though is that since the patches have become a generic medication (at least in US), the glue used by the other manufactures does not seem as strong as when it was under patent and sold as Transderm Scop. So much that every patch will fall off within a day. I have taken to securing the patches with medical tape at the same time I put them on, and there is no problem, even while diving.

Tell me your experience.
Genetics play a role given you can see correlations in predisposition to sea sickness. It can be reduced not with discipline but with the right surroundings. In places more prone to rough seas, such as monsoon in Thailand, off the coast of Alaska or the Drake Passage, those who are predisposed are deadly and others ought to take greater precautions. In some cases, you cannot be outdoors because it is frothing like cappuccino and you will get swept

Back
Top Bottom