Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A minor point, but let's remember that you are not ordering a certain size boot. You are telling them your normal shoe size. They know what size boot (or sock) to put on, based on what size shoe you normally wear.
In theory. I did just that and ended up with a boot that is too tight, especially when used with a thick wool sock. I hope they'll stretch a little bit after a few more dives.

Quick question for the people those didn't opt extra allowance for thicker undergarments.

Can you wear 400 gr undergarments inside your nova?

In theory. I did just that and ended up with a boot that is too tight, especially when used with a thick wool sock. I hope they'll stretch a little bit after a few more dives.
I'm not an expert in this stuff, but that's one of two reasons why I don't like the prospect of integrated boots. Neoprene socks are much more flexible, whether wearing one or three sets of wool socks. Secondly, all the rubber boots seem to have weak points where they connect to the underlying neoprene (particularly the top-facing L of the foot). Enough repeated stretch and wear and you'll have to really finagle a fix or replace the entire boot. Neoprene socks are dead simple to fix, and you can just wear regular wet boots over em. Loads of flexibility.
Not to mention less need for gaiters.
:soap2:

Just be careful when using silicone anywhere on a drysuit, wherever it touches will not be able to be glued/repaired in future since no adhesives will stick to it. Not a big deal generally but worth keeping in mind when you look at likely repair areas (end of zips where a possible replacement zip may need to be glued one day)
Is the TiZip stuff just regular ol' silicone grease? How safe is that with the rubber around a brass zipper? Got the heavy duty zipper (and regret it), so zipping/unzipping takes a lot of muscle. I've been using beeswax without improvement. Any chemists out there, how absolutely stupid would it be to use some braking silicone grease on my zipper?

Attachments

• 1653922955419.png
    1653922955419.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 28
Is the TiZip stuff just regular ol' silicone grease? How safe is that with the rubber around a brass zipper? Got the heavy duty zipper (and regret it), so zipping/unzipping takes a lot of muscle. I've been using beeswax without improvement. Any chemists out there, how absolutely stupid would it be to use some braking silicone grease on my zipper?
I don’t know if this is true but I found this thread:

I read that the TiZip lubricant is silicone so I don’t understand why it wouldn’t have the issues in the thread above though.

Quick question for the people those didn't opt extra allowance for thicker undergarments.

Can you wear 400 gr undergarments inside your nova?
I would say not a chance. I ordered my Nova with the extra space. I just got Santi BZ400X undergarments. I can pack myself in the suit, but I'm not sure I could without the extra space. YMMV.

I would say not a chance. I ordered my Nova with the extra space. I just got Santi BZ400X undergarments. I can pack myself in the suit, but I'm not sure I could without the extra space. YMMV.
That helped a lot. Thanks.

It seems to fit VERY well. FYI I have no undergarments on, just my undies so it may look a bit baggy, but it’s not. Did the measurements with my wife’s help. Taking our Drysuit course soon so I’ll give an update after that. Happy so far.

Any issues with shipping? I see some people got a big bill later? What did you do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom