Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a note, I have a buddy who got the hi-viz strips and if you do cave diving, those are pretty sweet. I'd get them if I had a time-machine. I'm guessing they are annoying if you want photos taken of yourself, but otherwise they make it super easy to identify you (with/without a name patch) at pretty much any distance and all but the lowest light level.

Does anyone have or have pictures of the Black and Purple Ultra? That's what my wife is thinking she wants to go with but would like to see what it looks like. I reached out to seaskin and they looked through their pictures but due to a computer crash lost all their photos.

I’m looking forward to joining the Seaskin club, just submitted my order today.

Had my first replaceable seal incident yesterday. While on the surface, I laid back and felt a small stream of water down my back, sure enough the neck seal was the culprit. It was out-of-place, not ripped. took off most of my gear near the edge of the water, and the entire seal came undone as I pulled my head through. Was able to refit the seal into the neck using a cave cookie, even though I had a pizza cutter tool in the car. Not saying that the pizza cutter is irrelevant to me now, but a cave cookie did the job well! Once refit, jumped in the water and continued with our cave dive. First issue I've had with the seals in about 2 years of owning the suit.

I've also said it for ages, get backup seals if you're going the field-replaceable route (they're pretty much sold at-cost when bundled with the systems)! I had comfort knowing that if they ripped, I had extra sets in the car.

😋

Does anyone know if the Waterproof Ultima Dry Gloves will fit with the SiTech Oval Ring system?
1661889822934.png

Does anyone know if the Waterproof Ultima Dry Gloves will fit with the SiTech Oval Ring system?View attachment 740735

The "Anteres" PU ring is exchangeable between the Anteres, the Waterproof and the Rolock 90's.

I have them on my suit... if I was buying today I would opt for the Rolock 90's based on other members reviews on here. Less expensive and easier to use. With that said, I have Waterproof and think they're great... I did change out the loading O-ring based on the genius @Zef recommendation and I'll never stop thanking him for it.

Does anyone have any experience with the ORUST neck seal?
I didn't immediately consider it when I saw the dozens of clips and thought "that'd be great to lose". But reading the product description on the SiTech site, they make it out to be the next evolution of neck seals. Thoughts?

ORUST has been out for a few years now. Some folks have complained the neck ring is too flexible causing problems with seal retention. The other issue I have heard is that one needs to keep a stash of the clips on-hand so that if any are lost/damaged one is not up s*%t's creek.

The Si-Tech quick neck ring system is fairly flexible and does not have the issues the o-rust has. We could have gotten either in my wife's drysuit and chose the quick neck, no problems or complaints so far.

I don't think the orust ring and clip system has garnered much of a following among divers.

-Z

Does anyone have any experience with the ORUST neck seal?
I didn't immediately consider it when I saw the dozens of clips and thought "that'd be great to lose". But reading the product description on the SiTech site, they make it out to be the next evolution of neck seals. Thoughts?
No wife and I opted for the quick neck system and it’s been great so far.

Back
Top Bottom