Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it would be better if you did as much reaserch as you can and then asked specific questions? The suit will dive dry just the way it is bare bones... but then you add the options you want. Do you want a P valve? Do you want boots? Socks? Replaceable neck seal? And on and on...
Thank you, sounds good.

Would someone who has ordered/received their highlight the basic options that are needed? I am going to order one but have little knowledge on them. Unfortunately they don’t rent them for the certification here, so these seems to be a very cost efficient way to enter dry suits. I will mostly using in Monterey bay and some local here in Colorado. I appreciate the insights, there are a lot of options to choose from. Happy thanksgiving
You don’t “need” to pick any options as the suits come ready to dive at the base price and the price is 20% less than what shows because the vat is removed.

start off with neoprene (cheapest and warmest) or shell.

You don’t “need” to pick any options as the suits come ready to dive at the base price and the price is 20% less than what shows because the vat is removed.

start off with neoprene (cheapest and warmest) or shell.
Thank you, I am inclined to go with a 3mm compressed neoprene, that will probably still need a base layer in 45-50 F water? From prev research it seems they are more comfortable underwater. Appreciate it Do the neoprene take much longer to dry? Usually will be traveling for work with it. Thank you

Neoprene will take longer to dry. If you are traveling with it this can be an issue. If you can't get it dry in time you will be packing a wet drysuit. Depending on how you travel this can make weight an issue. Or just dealing with the funk of packing something wet.

Thank you, I am inclined to go with a 3mm compressed neoprene, that will probably still need a base layer in 45-50 F water? From prev research it seems they are more comfortable underwater. Appreciate it Do the neoprene take much longer to dry? Usually will be traveling for work with it. Thank you
My nova can be dry in a few hours, the ultra takes a day, the ultra is more comfortable and warmer but you need someone to zip and unzip it. neoprene starts off heavier and is a lot heavier when wet but so long as you can get it dry ish before travel that isn’t much of an issue.

I can dive comfortably with thick wool pants and a layer of waffle fleece and a heavy wool, waffle fleece, heavy wool on top with the ultra, I dove the nova that way the other day and was ok but chilly, 53° water.

I got replaceable neck and wrist seals, DIR exhaust valve relocation, and the most important, a left sided zip as opposed to the standard right sided zip. This is hard to know what works best for you until you try both sides. I had the fortunate misfortune of buying used suits with both sides represented. The misfortune was that the right side suit was end of life, hence the seaskin.

Travel by auto or plane? If you want to fly with it, I think trilam is the clear way to go.

You also need to know what the coldest water you want to be able to handle is.

If my coldest water were going to be low to mid-50s, I would go with a neoprene suit, neoprene seals, and plan to use wet gloves.

For colder, I would want a trilam, with dry glove rings installed, silicone wrist seals, and still a removeable/replaceable neoprene neck seal.

But that is me and reflects my personal tolerance for cold water.

Sooooo, went from just waiting on valves to come in, to now, just waiting on rock boots to come in... Sometime next week... Can't wait to see what I'm waiting on next... Pee valve maybe, or perhaps it will be the gloves...grumble grumble....I feel like they should of known there were no rock boots... But then I also feel like they should of ordered those earlier in the month truth be told and they should of been there by now... Part of me wonders if it's just being held for kicks and giggles at this point :(

Sooooo, went from just waiting on valves to come in, to now, just waiting on rock boots to come in... Sometime next week... Can't wait to see what I'm waiting on next... Pee valve maybe, or perhaps it will be the gloves...grumble grumble....I feel like they should of known there were no rock boots... But then I also feel like they should of ordered those earlier in the month truth be told and they should of been there by now... Part of me wonders if it's just being held for kicks and giggles at this point :(
Cancel the boots and buy them elsewhere

My order was shipped.. lol, is in Kentucky of all places? at customs.... I don't see it coming today. It flew right over me last night... just overshot by ~ 550 miles!!

It has already done more sight seeing than I have this year :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom