Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I just got from UPS; (they also didn't attach any form to the email... so that's nice).

As far as I can tell TSCA are "toxic substances"

The following commodities in your shipment have been flagged as needing a TSCA SEASKIN BRACES POCKET-40MM (HTS Code 9506290080) I have attached a TSCA form to be completed and a copy of the invoice for your reference. If this does not contain any substances related to TSCA please select the next to the last box. If it does please select the first box. Once completed please attached the form back to the email to complete processing of your shipment
Use the following information to complete the fields on the attached form.

Edit: I guess it'll work out, I had to check this box along with a bunch of infor at the top. No idea why I've never heard of this on this thread, but whatever...

Capture.PNG

From this form, I am certain only on last option.
And I thought customs here are idiots. At least I only had to explain what certain items are via phone (I'm not sure designated officer even knows how to swim)

From this form, I am certain only on last option.
And I thought customs here are idiots. At least I only had to explain what certain items are via phone (I'm not sure designated officer even knows how to swim)
Yeah, I had to ask what to check.. idk what I'm doing. He said it was good.

It might have been hung up for a few days but they were very responsive once they sent the form.

Their stretching this dates out. Ordered 11/5 and scheduled ship date is 2/3.
Mine should be here tomorrow... Cleared customs, but I don't see anything about paying for it... So interested to see how that goes...

Got mine yesterday!!!!

Tried it on. It's completely different than a neo suit. That will take a little getting used to. Loaded the Rolock 90's in all of maybe 15 min. Can't wait to get a dive in.

Got mine yesterday!!!!

Tried it on. It's completely different than a neo suit. That will take a little getting used to. Loaded the Rolock 90's in all of maybe 15 min. Can't wait to get a dive in.
Good things come to those who wait…and wait…

it is completely different than neoprene but you’ll pick it up quickly.

Good things come to those who wait…and wait…

it is completely different than neoprene but you’ll pick it up quickly.

I am never one to post pictures of myself... hopefully this doesn't cause to much of a stir and I get an overwhelming amount of dm's.. sorry ladies, already taken!! We all know it would just be for my body anyway.. :rofl3:

Pics are with the 250 undergarment on. I also had 2 T shirts and a pair of work pants under that... so might be why it felt a little tight!

To me it feels a little tighter than I thought, I am really glad I got the extra room although it doesn't fell like a lot of extra room. Or maybe I've gained 10 lbs since ordering.. hard to gauge a few days after turkey day. It will take a lot of getting used to. I didn't have braces on my last suit. I did already tear a small hole in the undersuit at the shoulder with the zipper but I'm not crazy about the undersuit... I might stick with my 4th Element stuff. There is an attachment at the docking point of the zipper I can see that being pulled some, not sure why they didn't use a more heavy duty attachment there. I had boots on my last suit and I'm not sure how I feel about the socks. Of to get some paddle boots as @stuartv suggested. They are on sale right now.

And it's raining.. so probably not getting a dive in today

Attachments

• 20221129_155541.jpg
    20221129_155541.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20221129_160339.jpg
    20221129_160339.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20221129_160354.jpg
    20221129_160354.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221129_160346.jpg
    20221129_160346.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20221129_161643.jpg
    20221129_161643.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 20221129_161634.jpg
    20221129_161634.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20221129_180605.jpg
    20221129_180605.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 90
This is what I just got from UPS; (they also didn't attach any form to the email... so that's nice).

As far as I can tell TSCA are "toxic substances"

The following commodities in your shipment have been flagged as needing a TSCA SEASKIN BRACES POCKET-40MM (HTS Code 9506290080) I have attached a TSCA form to be completed and a copy of the invoice for your reference. If this does not contain any substances related to TSCA please select the next to the last box. If it does please select the first box. Once completed please attached the form back to the email to complete processing of your shipment
Use the following information to complete the fields on the attached form.

Edit: I guess it'll work out, I had to check this box along with a bunch of infor at the top. No idea why I've never heard of this on this thread, but whatever...

View attachment 755866

TSCA is the Toxic Substances Control Act under EPA. They basically just want to know if you’re bringing chemical stuff into the US. Believe it or not, MDF also falls under that due to the formaldehyde content.

That pocket doesn’t contain anything for TSCA. Just disclaim it aka doesn’t apply. I deal with TSCA daily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom