Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have wrist seals in your suit? I ditched mine about ten years ago, makes a big difference in allowing warm air from the suit up into the dry gloves. Twice I have had pin holes in the gloves, but no big deal.
I took them out for my last 5 dives and am staying that way. Air moves out faster that way and I seem to get colder hands but I like the ease of don/doff. I had always kept my thumb loop through the seal so air moved in when I raised my hands.

None taken 👍🏻 The fit is bad. Sending it back for a refund or proper fitting replacement.
Just to give a bit more on this I can't pull mine off my shoulders without first slipping an arm out. The fit of mine is perfect from ankle up shoulder. The butt is baggy so it doesn't pull when you're bent. The same goes for the back across the shoulders. Your legs are a couple inches too long. Ask them for what the inseam should be from crotch to the end of fluffy material based on the numbers you gave them.

Just to give a bit more on this I can't pull mine off my shoulders without first slipping an arm out.
This is how mine is too... tight, but not too tight.

Just to give a bit more on this I can't pull mine off my shoulders without first slipping an arm out. The fit of mine is perfect from ankle up shoulder. The butt is baggy so it doesn't pull when you're bent. The same goes for the back across the shoulders. Your legs are a couple inches too long. Ask them for what the inseam should be from crotch to the end of fluffy material based on the numbers you gave them.
Mine is the same getting out of it.
If I pull the suit right down so the crotch is at it's lowest point, the end of the fluffy material is right down on the top of my feet. In this scenario the there is a massive amount of excess material behind my thigh.
My measurement I gave to them for the thigh was 57cm - the suit measures 70cm
The measurement from the crotch to the sole area of the elasticated stirrup is what I gave them (or close enough) but that would be correct only if the crotch wasn't so low. I suppose this gets pulled up to the correct height when the suit is on but then the top half of the undersuit is then bunched up.
I think if it was a bit neater around the legs and butt it would be a better fit so could be an easy enough fix. No idea how long that process will take though so I've ordered a Waterproof Nord and Fourth Element Arctic (in single suit and separates) to see if they fit any better.

Debating ordering one for myself, does anyone know what current lead time looks like (shipped to the US)?

Debating ordering one for myself, does anyone know what current lead time looks like (shipped to the US)?
3 months... I think it's always been 2-3 months

12-13 weeks. Worth the wait especially since Santi and DUI are nearly 16 weeks for a made to measure right now (or so I've been told by my LDS).

12-13 weeks. Worth the wait especially since Santi and DUI are nearly 16 weeks for a made to measure right now (or so I've been told by my LDS).

Ordered mine 30th January, arrived yesterday so just over 12 weeks
Thanks! Looks like I should be able to get it before my first scheduled Atlantic dive this summer in August then.

Back
Top Bottom