Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, for those that just arrived to the party, I've read the 350 pages and managed to not get fired at work.
I took some notes and linked the specific posts into a document so maybe it can help newcomers:
link to google sheet if you want to add comments or view it in separate window

It's not perfect, could use more comments next to each link. But I think it can help answer specific questions.
Thanks to everyone that spend time answering questions in this thread.
Maybe one subject that can be added are the taxes, but since I'm in EU I didn't pay much attention to it.

Will probably order mine next week.

Hi, for those that just arrived to the party, I've read the 350 pages and managed to not get fired at work.
I took some notes and linked the specific posts into a document so maybe it can help newcomers:

If only this was available a few weeks ago I would have saved so many hours. Bonus points if a moderator could move your post to the first page of the thread.

My despatch date is here
1714769273333.png

Hello, I just completed my first dive in this new suit and also my first real drysuit dive! Couple questions….

My dive buddy was completely dry afterwards. I had a little moisture in even places by my legs. Could this be from sweat/condensation ? It was very minimal but I’m not sure how it could have got down there without signs of water above.

With my rig in saltwater using Alu80 and 3mm wetsuit I do not need any additional weight and I am perfectly weighted. With this new suit and 250gsm thermal I went up to 22lbs, everything I had, and could barely sink, was not properly weighted at all. This was also using Alu80. Would switching to a steel tank, looking at HP100, be a good move to help with more weight? Currently I have no more room to add weight onto rig so I would have to get more weight pouches which I will probably need to do anyway. I have been looking at buying my own cylinders for local cold diving anyway.

Thanks

Hello, I just completed my first dive in this new suit and also my first real drysuit dive! Couple questions….

My dive buddy was completely dry afterwards. I had a little moisture in even places by my legs. Could this be from sweat/condensation ? It was very minimal but I’m not sure how it could have got down there without signs of water above.

With my rig in saltwater using Alu80 and 3mm wetsuit I do not need any additional weight and I am perfectly weighted. With this new suit and 250gsm thermal I went up to 22lbs, everything I had, and could barely sink, was not properly weighted at all. This was also using Alu80. Would switching to a steel tank, looking at HP100, be a good move to help with more weight? Currently I have no more room to add weight onto rig so I would have to get more weight pouches which I will probably need to do anyway. I have been looking at buying my own cylinders for local cold diving anyway.

Thanks
What’s the rest of the rig? Steal 100 will help for sure. The stuff that keeps you warm in a drysuit is air, you need to have enough weight to sink all of the air. Were you diving fresh water or salt.

The moisture was probable sweat condensation but just pay attention to it until you get more experience.

What’s the rest of the rig? Steal 100 will help for sure. The stuff that keeps you warm in a drysuit is air, you need to have enough weight to sink all of the air. Were you diving fresh water or salt.

The moisture was probable sweat condensation but just pay attention to it until you get more experience.

It’s a dive rite voyager wing with alum BP with STA. Freshwater.

It was really awesome, water was 49 at thermocline and I was quite warm, besides my wet hands.

It was really awesome, water was 49 at thermocline and I was quite warm, besides my wet hands.
In salt you’ll need even more weight, a stainless back plate along with the HP 100 will help a lot, with those you should easily get by with the weight you have and probably a few pounds less.

Steel tank, steel bp would help a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom