Seasport Divers For A Great Ni'ihau Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vinegarbiscuit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just wanted to give a big shout-out to Seasport Divers in Kaua'i - we did a three-tank dive trip with them this Saturday to Ni'ihau, and they were terrific.

We met before sun-up at their Poipu shop, and the crew had a muffin-and-juice breakfast laid out for us as we steamed across the Kaulakahi channel to Ni'ihau. They even put chairs out for us so we could nap during the 2 ½ hour trip. Our dive guides, Anthony and Sabine, gave us very detailed dive briefings before each dive, and were great about giving the more experienced folk on the trip a bit more space while still remaining super-vigilant. They were also super-knowledgable about the critters we saw - after living on Oahu for over two years, I thought I was fairly knowledgable about them with them...not compared to these folk, though! Captain Ryan took us very close to Lehua rock for some dramatic surface interval pictures - a big shout-out to him, too, he was a very competant captain, as evinced by the way he handled live drops and pick-ups, as well as bumpy ride home - and then it was in the water again for two more spectacular dives. You will NOT be sorry if you take this trip. Sharks, nenue, monk seaks (we saw five...the last dive featured three seals barking and growling at each other for over 20-minutes!), amazing caves, sheer walls, beautiful viz...wow, simply wow. The crew also fed us a lovely lunch, and made as as comfortable as could be for the trip home. I would dive with these folks again in a heartbeat. Thank you, guys and gals!

I would totally agree, we did that dive with them two years ago and had a fantastic trip. Diving this island is a treat and a great experience. SeasPort did their part very well.

Back
Top Bottom